Windows 10: Windows 10 installation freezes after inputting product key

Discus and support Windows 10 installation freezes after inputting product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have had this issue for awhile, and desperate for help. Built my own PC, made sure all parts were comparable. After leaving BIOS and starting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nick_Jumpman, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 installation freezes after inputting product key

Have had this issue for awhile, and desperate for help.
    Built my own PC, made sure all parts were comparable. After leaving BIOS and starting the process to install Windows 10, the computer freezes once the entire product key is typed in. The cursor will still show movement on the screen, but no inputs from the mouse or keyboard will register. I can turn off the computer and restart the process, only to have the same issue.
    I have rebuilt the entire PC in hopes the I may have missed something, but once I did that the same issue held me up.
    When in BIOS, everything works fine. When typing the key in, everything is fine. It's once the key is fully typed the system stops working.

:)

Nick_Jumpman, Mar 4, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 installation freezes after inputting product key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 installation freezes after inputting product key

1. Windows 10 installation freezes after inputting product key - Similar Threads - installation freezes inputting

2. Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation: Hi. I purchased a second-hand assembled desktop PC from a private seller. The PC was shipped via national postal service so I did not have a chance to check it beforehand and when it arrived I realized that the seller did not perform factory reset; the PC was also...
  3. Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation: Hi. I purchased a second-hand assembled desktop PC from a private seller. The PC was shipped via national postal service so I did not have a chance to check it beforehand and when it arrived I realized that the seller did not perform factory reset; the PC was also...
  4. Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 product key not installed

Windows 10 product key not installed: I tried installing a windows 10 product key on a new harddrive in my asus laptop and my laptop got unplugged and died before windows could finish installing. I can’t reinstall it either. I’m not sure what to do....
  6. WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 - Games freeze whilst receiving input unfreeze after input: Computer specs at the bottom of this post. Also, bare with me--I'm relatively tech ignorant - Issue: For Halo, and Bleeding Edge games, their menus work fine. Can go into settings, and launch campaigns. Once in the actually game itself tho, when I use any action from my...
  7. Windows 10 installation with product key

Windows 10 installation with product key: Where do I enter my Windows 10 Home Edition Product Key for installation. (This was purchased by my grand daughter whom works @ Microsoft :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-with-product-key/6460e4c2-9982-45a2-8340-0e4777981ee7
  8. Windows Product Key Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Product Key Installation: Hello! Recently I uninstalled windows 10 pro from one of my old computers a Toshiba Satellite, I used an application to find the product key since I couldn't find its box since it was probably thrown out. I wanted to Activate one of my computers a Dell studio 1749 with an...
  9. Windows 10 product key not working after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key not working after clean install: I installed windows 10 on top of Windows 7, but then did a clean install afterwards from an image on a USB drive. I wrote down the product key from the first install after scraping it with a program. The clean install of 10 went fine, but it will not accept this product...
  10. Avoid that the input window of the product keys is displayed

Avoid that the input window of the product keys is displayed: Hi Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, I injected the three product keys in the respective volume images of the Multiple Editions (MSDN) and Education (MSDN) isos of Windows 10 v1511. When, however, I boot these isos, the input window of the product keys is still displayed...