Windows 10: Windows 10 installation from USB

Discus and support Windows 10 installation from USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Installing Windows 10 32 bit on Acer 4220 Vista home basic Mostly done but in 'Account' section OOBESETTINGS got message 'Something went wrong'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnGibb2, Feb 17, 2020.

1. JohnGibb2 Win User

Windows 10 installation from USB

Hi

Installing Windows 10 32 bit on Acer 4220 Vista home basic

Mostly done but in 'Account' section OOBESETTINGS got message 'Something went wrong' cant get past this...but worst is appears to be no way back???? Very few items on screen and nothing which will help.

Suspect this is to do with Driver for internet connection missing but can find no way to move from where I am. F2 on startup doesn't give BIOS anymore and no CD installed registers. Appreciate any assistance, Thanks

:)

JohnGibb2, Feb 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 17, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation from USB - Similar Threads - installation USB

2. Computer won’t install a fresh Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won’t install a fresh Windows 10 from USB: I few days ago I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10. After only having my new pc for a month I started getting blue screens when trying to open game applications or logitech applications. I would blue screen about 5 times in a 3 hour gaming/browsing seesion. So,...
  3. Unable to install windows using UEFI USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install windows using UEFI USB: Every time I try booting into the UEFI mode of my usb drive it gets stuck in a bootloop. I can boot into the legacy mode of my bootable media, but using an MBR partition scheme instead of GPT is out of the question, because I'm dual booting and can't survive without REFInd or...
  4. Cannot get computer to boot from usb with windows 10 installation media on it

Cannot get computer to boot from usb with windows 10 installation media on it: When I plug the usb with windows 10 installation media on it into my computer to install/repair,. After resetting the computer it tries to book from the usb stick a windows logo appears. The you get an "interference like glitch" when it tries to enter startup and then screen...
  5. Help! Clean install on Win10 from usb to nvme not working

Help! Clean install on Win10 from usb to nvme not working: Hi there, just built a new pc and excitedly went to install windows. I created a bootable usb but this is from a Mac-not sure if that piece of info helps for later. So source is usb and target is a Samsung 970 1tb nvme, brand new. Basically I get through the install...
  6. Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...: I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with 1TB of SSD storage and my USB 3.0 stick is 128GB. I am only given the option to install on Drive 0, Partitions 1-4. These are all system, MSR, recovery, or my current OS, and are obviously unavailable. The USB is more than large enough, and I...
  7. Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD

Can't Boot From Windows 10 Install from USB/DVD: Hi all, I currently have the "Your PC needs to be repaired" error so I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 completely. I used Microsoft's bootable media to create both a bootable USB and DVD (I also tried using Rufus to format it) but both don't seem to boot properly. When I...
  8. Windows 10 Professional installation: USB drive boot installation and formatting?

Windows 10 Professional installation: USB drive boot installation and formatting?: Hello new friends, having trouble turning my win7 machine into a Win10. I do not need any files, settings or software retained, just newd to wipe this machine and start fresh with Windows 10. Attempting to wipe my system, reformat drives and do a fresh OS install for a...
  9. Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.

Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.: Hi, I am trying to create Windows 10 Media on USB, "Scandisk 64GB", but it keeps failing. I googled many times, tried the ways showed on Youtube, but none of them worked. I can try to run exe.file on USB, but it shows error code, "0x80080005 - 0x90018". Please kindly...
  10. Windows 10 Installation USB and Other Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Installation USB and Other Files: I have made a usb with mediacreationtool, and i have made a clean 20h2 windows10 install, i want to keep that usb because maybe i can use it at the future again. My usb is 29,7gb and there is 25,5gb free space on it. I wonder can I save other files in this USB drive (other...