Windows 10: Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having Alienware 14 PC, had installed Linux on it, thinking could convert kids to it, but they want Windows10. I spun a ISO on a USB , and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Imran-IJK, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Imran-IJK Win User

Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -...

I am having Alienware 14 PC, had installed Linux on it, thinking could convert kids to it, but they want Windows10.

I spun a ISO on a USB , and tried to install , but installation would get stuck on , cmd.exe screen with the following:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

with a prompt for: X:\windows\system32

The guy on the photo is not me i got it from https://superuser.com/questions/558767/installation-stops-with-cmd-exe-window-on-laptop

The solution is to press the ESC key, immediately after it enters into install phase, which i found by this youtube video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fRBn_dUzo

Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -... ed25b1b7-0f8d-466c-bd3b-2cf6953d6513?upload=true.jpg Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

:)

Imran-IJK, Feb 20, 2021
  2. gokart2 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

• [/quote]

gokart2, Feb 20, 2021
  3. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

A. Using APO over Virtual Audio Cable
    • Install Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) (Link) and restart.
    • (Link)Right click FXConfigurator64.exe (for x64 system) or FXConfigurator32.exe (for x86 system) or FXConfigurator.ahk (AutoHotkey version) , Run as Admin!
    • Select VAC (e.g. Line 1 ) from playback drives, and select the preset you want. Make sure you have that preset drives before click load, then click 'Apply '. (a cmd window popup, wait until it finished. If it don't close automatically, close it manualy)

Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -... img1-png.png

• Download the correspond driver (Link), unzip and run setup.bat (with uninstall function) as Admin!
    • After finished install, click Restart Audio Services on FX Configurator.
    • Open sound property, select capture tab, double click VAC (e.g. Line 1). Tick the checkbox "Listen to this device" and select speakers
    • Set VAC as default device
    Spoiler: A-1. Extra Content: Using Equalizer APO and VIPER4Windows over VAC
    • Install Equalizer APO (Link) and VIPER4Windows (Link), don't run configurator.exe from both software.
    • Follow A. Step 2 and 3, but select VIPER4Windows. Select another VAC (e.g. Line 2) if you want the installed APO exist. (e.g. Line 1)
    • Run configurator.exe as Admin from Equalizer APO. Install it over the VAC (e.g. Line 2)
    • Follow A. Step 5 and 6. To link the exist VAC (e.g. Line 1), modify Line 1 VAC to listen to Line 2 VAC instead of speakers and Line 2 VAC listen to speakers.
    B. Uninstall APO over Virtual Audio Cable
    • Run FX Configurator as Admin, select Virtual Audio Cable that you want to remove APO over it
    • Clear all the fields (LFX, GFX, SFX, MFX, EFX, UI, Friendly Name)
    • Click Apply and Restart Audio Services
    • If you don't want the driver or the software, run setup.bat as Admin
    Current Status:
    FX Configurator Version: 1.0.0
    Driver installer available
    Dolby Atmos
    Dolby Audio
    Dolby Digital Plus
    Audio by Harman

Note:
    • Install Audio by Harman over VAC from playback device will not work, install it over VAC from capture device instead.
    • Sound Blaster X 720 require UpperFilters driver (mbfilt64.sys), it require a inf install file to make it work.
    • When install Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio, click "Add external data to selected devices from selected preset" during A. Step 3
    • If the popup cmd windows run less than 1 second and exit in A Step 3 (no word showing), you need to run bat and cmd file with ConEmu, to do this:
    Spoiler
    • Install ConEmu (Link)
    • Find ConEmu64.exe or ConEmu.exe (e.g. C:\Program Files\ConEmu) , right click properties, click compatibility, tick run as admin checkbox
    • Save the follow code as default.reg file and run it
      Change the path if necessary
      For x64 system
      Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu64.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu64.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\""[/quote] For x86 system
      Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\""[/quote]

alanfox2000, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Màthair Win User

Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

B. Uninstall APO over Virtual Audio Cable
    • Run FX Configurator as Admin, select Virtual Audio Cable that you want to remove APO over it
    • Clear all the fields (LFX, GFX, SFX, MFX, EFX, UI, Friendly Name)
    • Click Apply and Restart Audio Services
    • If you don't want the driver or the software, run setup.bat as Admin
    Current Status:
    FX Configurator Version: 1.0.0
    Driver installer available
    Dolby Atmos
    Dolby Audio
    Dolby Digital Plus
    Audio by Harman

Note:
    • Install Audio by Harman over VAC from playback device will not work, install it over VAC from capture device instead.
    • Sound Blaster X 720 require UpperFilters driver (mbfilt64.sys), it require a inf install file to make it work.
    • When install Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio, click "Add external data to selected devices from selected preset" during A. Step 3
    • If the popup cmd windows run less than 1 second and exit in A Step 3 (no word showing), you need to run bat and cmd file with ConEmu, to do this:
    Spoiler
    • Install ConEmu
    • Find ConEmu64.exe or ConEmu.exe, right click properties, click compatibility, tick run as admin checkbox
    • Save the follow code as default.reg file and run it
      Change the path if necessary
      For x64 system
      Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu64.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu64.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\""[/quote] For x86 system
      Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\ConEmu\\ConEmu.exe\" /cmd \"\"%1\" %*\""[/quote]
    Click to expand... Thanx @alanfox2000 , *Smile Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -... :)

Màthair, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe -... - Similar Threads - Installation gets stuck

2. exe file gets stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    exe file gets stuck: i used steam to download, somthing went wrong. you can read my original request on the steam discussion panel of farming sim 2019 under the name of frick.so this zombie file is stuck. cant close, tried to terminate with command, access denied. tried to delete files... didnt...
  3. Can not select exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not select exe file: Hi, I have an app called opentrack, which is basically a head tracking app. I want to connect it to a game but to do that I have to tell the app where the exe file is. So after changing a lot of permissions I found the app's exe location but when I select it, it gives me the...
  4. Windows 7 installation stuck on "Select Driver to be installed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 installation stuck on "Select Driver to be installed": So, i wanted to install windows 7 on my Fujitsu laptop and it didn't had any windows installed on it before. So, it is the first time that my laptop will be running windows on it. So, in order to install windows on it, i created a bootable usb pendrive with my other computer...
  5. Windows 7 installation stuck on "Select Driver to be installed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 installation stuck on "Select Driver to be installed": So, i wanted to install windows 7 on my Fujitsu laptop and it didn't had any windows installed on it before. So, it is the first time that my laptop will be running windows on it. So, in order to install windows on it, i created a bootable usb pendrive with my other computer...
  6. Stuck in Windows Installation Language Select Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Windows Installation Language Select Loop: So I reset my Windows yesterday from recovery option & I made sure to select "install windows from this device". After the PC reset process got to 100% Windows says Hi & asks the preferred language I wanna continue the Windows installation process on. And after I click next...
  7. Windows getting stuck after selecting user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows getting stuck after selecting user: Every 4-5 days when I boot up my pc, I'll select my user account and then it will just get stuck there and nothing will happen until I restart my pc. After a few restarts eventually it will boot very slowly and make it to the home screen but I would really like to solve this...
  8. HP Pavillion Laptop stuck in administrator x:\windows\system32>

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Laptop stuck in administrator x:\windows\system32>: I have a computer from deceased estate for wife, reloaded windows 10, office 2019, etc proceeded to create a recovery drive and computer finished. When I restarted it would not reboot. Proceeded to dos and found it was stuck in administrator x:\windows\system32> . I...
  9. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  10. X account administrator Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    X account administrator Windows 10: I am theonly account on my computer. Account info shows that I am an administrator. Yet when I attempt to run a program I age ust have administrator to run. Windos 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Administrator:X:/windows/system 32/cmd.exe

2. Select Administrator X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

3. Installation gets stuck on Select Administrator: X:\windows \system32\cmd.exe

4. window installation stuck in cmd. exe,
  5. How do I solve (Administrator:X\windows\system32\cmd.exe.select Administrator? in the beginning of installing windows 8)!,
  6. How do I solve (Administrator:X\windows\system32\cmd.exe.selectAdministrator? in the begining of installing windows)! ,
  7. how do i fix administrator:x:\swindows.~BT\windows\system32\cmd.exe,
  8. administrator x windows system32 cmd.exe,
  9. install windows 7 from usb select administrator: x:7\windows\system32\cmd.exe,
  10. how to fix windows install in admin x ,
  11. windows 10 installation stops at Administrator: X:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe