Windows 10: Windows 10 installation has deleted all appdata & few other things

Discus and support Windows 10 installation has deleted all appdata & few other things in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, i just updated from win8.1 to win10 today. While installing, installation told me that i cant keep all the data and only can keep some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Y.Sassy, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Y.Sassy Win User

Windows 10 installation has deleted all appdata & few other things

Hello there, i just updated from win8.1 to win10 today. While installing, installation told me that i cant keep all the data and only can keep some user data, the problem starts with the fact that in my language the word "application (like windows store things)" and "program/executable" can be used in one word, so since it said "we have to delete them because they have incompability" i assumed it will just delete my win8.1 windows store applications, so i said fine delete them. Sadly now it deleted all my applications in c (not too bothered by that i usually don't install things there) but also all of my appdata got deleted (which i wasn't aware it would be deleted in the setup). I tried active@ recovery to recover my appdata but seems like windows got rid of that already, i have a win8.1 system backup but that wont get my data back as far as i know, what should i do???

:)

Y.Sassy, Oct 13, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 30, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 installation has deleted all appdata & few other things ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation has deleted all appdata & few other things - Similar Threads - installation has deleted

2. Search function and a few other things do not work in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function and a few other things do not work in Windows 10.: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 22H2, and I am the administrator and only user of this computer. For a few months now, I have had a problem with searching in File Explorer where it would search very slowly. But now for the last couple of weeks, searching has become...
  3. Search function and a few other things do not work in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function and a few other things do not work in Windows 10.: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 22H2, and I am the administrator and only user of this computer. For a few months now, I have had a problem with searching in File Explorer where it would search very slowly. But now for the last couple of weeks, searching has become...
  4. Search function and a few other things do not work in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. deleting all other previous windows installations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting all other previous windows installations.: so my pc did something verry weird and i had to re download windows 11 and all of my other files and stuff from my old account remain on my m.2 drive but they are not showing up on the windows home screen what i mean is for example i had steam and a background and now they...
  6. deleting all other previous windows installations.

deleting all other previous windows installations.: so my pc did something verry weird and i had to re download windows 11 and all of my other files and stuff from my old account remain on my m.2 drive but they are not showing up on the windows home screen what i mean is for example i had steam and a background and now they...
  7. Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11: My windows Icon doesn't work. Got a new Asus laptop a couple weeks ago with the function keys F1-F12 just not working along with the windows icon. Then the icon worked for like 2 days before stopping again. I think it was from me updating the laptop but I'm not 100% sure on...
  8. Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11

Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11: My windows Icon doesn't work. Got a new Asus laptop a couple weeks ago with the function keys F1-F12 just not working along with the windows icon. Then the icon worked for like 2 days before stopping again. I think it was from me updating the laptop but I'm not 100% sure on...
  9. few things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    few things: How can i disable com surrogate? another thing: i disabled runtimebroker.exe via registry, and set the value data to 4 over here: 3 when i try settings a program priority to HIGH, it says access denied only happening for a certain program...
  10. Windows is deleting files, and doing other weird things.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is deleting files, and doing other weird things.: I had logged onto my laptop as normal, but it was taking a while and said "preparing windows" when I got on my background was gone, and I didn't think anything of it. Then I couldn't open google, or install it with microsoft edge. I ended up having to use internet explorer to...