Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Media Compatability

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Media Compatability in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The following message appears: "The upgrade option isn't available, if you start your computer using Windows installation media. If a copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonFurlong2, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Installation Media Compatability

The following message appears:

"The upgrade option isn't available, if you start your computer using Windows installation media.

If a copy of Windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer. After Windows has started normally, insert the installation media and run Windows Setup.

I had a version of Windows 10 installed that I was using before the computer blue screened. I don't know why it's not working.

:)

JasonFurlong2, Jan 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 24, 2020
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Installation Media Compatability

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Media Compatability

1. Windows 10 Installation Media Compatability - Similar Threads - Installation Media Compatability

2. Will Windows 10 media installer automatically format the HDD, making the OS compatible with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 10 media installer automatically format the HDD, making the OS compatible with...: If i use a computer with SSD to create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, will the media creation tool detect the SSD and design the Windows OS to run only on SSDs, not on HDDs, meaning I will not be able to install the OS on my another computer, which uses HDD, and...
  3. Will Windows 10 media installer automatically format the HDD, making the OS compatible with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 media installer automatically format the HDD, making the OS compatible with...: If i use a computer with SSD to create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, will the media creation tool detect the SSD and design the Windows OS to run only on SSDs, not on HDDs, meaning I will not be able to install the OS on my another computer, which uses HDD, and...
  4. Will Windows 10 media installer automatically format the HDD, making the OS compatible with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows 10 installation media

windows 10 installation media: not able to open USB HDD in the boot menu while trying to repair my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-media/ad7b3b2a-2a23-4be7-974a-a6a48de9b56a
  6. windows 10 installation media

windows 10 installation media: Hi! I didnt fully read the article about installation and proceeded to do the download, but is there a way to recover deleted files from media installation on my USB Drive?...
  7. Windows 10 Installation Media Compatibility

Windows 10 Installation Media Compatibility: The following message appears: "The upgrade option isn't available, if you start your computer using Windows installation media. If a copy of Windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer....
  8. Windows 10 installation media

Windows 10 installation media: I have been trying to install the latest update for windows on my laptop. The update keeps failing as i do not have enough space on my hard drive. The only choice i have left is to reinstall windows but whenever i try to create the installation media it tells me to make space...
  9. Windows Media Player not compatible with Windows 10 64bit

Windows Media Player not compatible with Windows 10 64bit: How is this possible? So we buy Windows 10 and no longer have access to Windows Media Player? How is that fair? What is Microsoft doing to correct this? What is an alternative media player that works exactly the same. I don't care for how the VLC media player's volume...
  10. Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10

Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10: Win 10 - DVD Player, Windows Media Player not compatible with Win 10? This is a shock!! I downloaded the Windows Media Player from the Store and it played the DVD once. When it did not work a second time, I spent 45 mins waiting for Microsoft support and an hour on the phone....