Windows 10: Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help

Discus and support Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 installation media onto a USB drive which had some additional data on it from before. Installation media created a bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RM20QQ, Nov 9, 2020.

1. RM20QQ Win User

Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help

I downloaded Windows 10 installation media onto a USB drive which had some additional data on it from before. Installation media created a bootable drive, I was able to recover the damaged windows BUT it partitioned my USB drive data into a RAW partition that I now can see in Disk Management tool but can't access my files. I can't format this RAW partition as it has files that i need. Can someone help walk me through as to how to access this data or convert this partitions to be accessible ?

:)

RM20QQ, Nov 9, 2020

2. How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below steps to convert the RAW partition to NTFS partition.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• At the command prompt, type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs, where drive_letter is the letter of the drive you want to convert, and then press Enter. For example,
      convert E: /fs:ntfs would convert drive E to the NTFS format.

• Type the name of the volume you want to convert, and then press Enter. You must use the existing name of the volume or the conversion will be canceled. You can view all available volumes in the
      Computer folder under Hard Disk Drives
    Notes: After you convert a partition to NTFS, you cannot convert it back. If you want to use the FAT file system on the partition again, you will need to reformat the partition, which erases all data on it.

Although the chance of corruption or data loss during a conversion is minimal, you should back up all data on the partition before you begin.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Nov 9, 2020
  4. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help - Similar Threads - installation media converted

2. Help with reformatted RAW data files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with reformatted RAW data files: My external hard drive popped up in a RAW format, inadvertantly reformated and it restored. I lost all my data, but was able to retrieve it with a third party program. Everthing is still in the RAW format and I cannot access it or open it. Any suggestions? Would really...
  3. Help with reformatted RAW data files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with reformatted RAW data files: My external hard drive popped up in a RAW format, inadvertantly reformated and it restored. I lost all my data, but was able to retrieve it with a third party program. Everthing is still in the RAW format and I cannot access it or open it. Any suggestions? Would really...
  4. Help needed for converting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed for converting to Windows 10: Hi guys. I'm switching from mac to windows; Wanted to know about the best precautions I need can make to avoid viruses without installing anti-viruses. submitted by /u/JeremiahENN [link] [comments]...
  5. I have dual OS my windows partitions turned raw. Help needed to cover my data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have dual OS my windows partitions turned raw. Help needed to cover my data: I have Dual Os and my Windows 10 partitions turned raw I have NVME is it possible to cover my data? If so how? Help will be much appreciated thanks submitted by /u/smokinggunss [link] [comments]...
  6. Copy storage partition raw data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy storage partition raw data: There are many small-computer devices today (Raspberry Pi and clones, ARM-based TV Boxes, e.t.c) that need to boot using SD card. To create the bootable SD card it is needed to write image file to the SD card. Actual version of the Windows have no tools to solve this task....
  7. Raw Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Raw Partitions: Hi Everyone! A few days ago, I accidentally told the Ubuntu Installer to wipe my Windows 10 partition. I quit the installer, but my partition is now RAW. What is a RAW Partition? In Windows, partitions with an unknown filesystem (like my Ubuntu partition) are marked as...
  8. OEM partition got converted to RAW file system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM partition got converted to RAW file system: Hello everybody, I have a problem with my OEM partition and another one because they converted to RAW file system. As we can see in the photo below I have 2 RAW partitions, the second one is the important one because it is an OEM partition. How can I fix this? Or I should...
  9. Windows C partition got converted to RAW issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows C partition got converted to RAW issue: Hi All May be somebody can help me recover my bootable drive. I don't know if this M.2 SSD gong bad or not. All tests from Dell ran fine with no hardware issues. I have Dell M6800 with M.2 SSD and secondary 1tb regular drive. The system is using uefi in the BIOS. This...
  10. Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter: Hello, I'm not having success installing the FFmpeg Converter on my PC. I was following the instructions posted here. How to Install FFmpeg on Windows: 10 Steps (with Pictures) After I thought I installed it I got this message. [img] When I checked some other...