Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, so i have a laptop years ago and i somehow installed kms from windows 10 home to pro, but after recent updates i wanted to downgrade to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FelipeSitohang, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home

Hello, so i have a laptop years ago and i somehow installed kms from windows 10 home to pro, but after recent updates i wanted to downgrade to windows 10 home with my original license. So i research and tried to reset my laptop twice, and now its still pro. i have backup all my datas to a hard disk and then i tried to install windows 10 iso there, this is where i was unaware because the instruction is unclear : there are 2 option where i can make iso from usb which i picked and the other one. Unfortunately, my hard disk is formatted and i found this :

Windows 10 installing via USB deleted all my previous data in the USB. - Microsoft Community
    I lost all my backup files because i dont know how to downgrade properly, i tried the registery editing then installing but in a wrong way it is my fault, and now i am recovering the hard disk in a hope for my files to get back, because i have a work deadline tomorrow big chance i will miss them because i just lost my backup and wont recover soon, and i am not really good with computer. is there an easy way to downgrade windows? if not, then can microsoft make an easier way for this, like an option in the media creation tool for downgrading to home, and a warning for the iso thing?

Apologize for my words and language as i do not mainly use English, and thank you.

:)

FelipeSitohang, Mar 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro.

I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media.

(step 3) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

There were lots of different windows up till now.
    So I started screenshots now.
    Screenshot-

Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home [​IMG]

It offers this now-

This seems to imply that installed programs will be lost-

Clicked Next--Got this-

Got this-Clicked Confirm-

Got this-

If I lose installed programs I will use my Macrium image to revert to 8.1 Pro.
    Be back after installing 10 or reverting.

David Bailey, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 14, 2021
  4. FKTRY Win User

Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home

Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 PRO

Where can I find a Media Creation Tool that will create Windows 10 Pro media?

The current media creation tool available here:

Download Windows 10

creates a Windows 10 Home install on my laptop.

The only reason I can think of for this behavior is that there is a Windows 8.1 Home SLIC entry in the BIOS, and it is assuming that "Home" is therefore the correct version to install. However I was running Windows 8.1 Pro (purchased separately from the
    laptop) and successfully did an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 Pro before running into software problems caused by the in-place upgrade.

Bottom line - where can I find Windows 10 Pro installation media? The in-place install doesn't work for me and the current Media Creation Tool creates media that incorrectly installs Windows 10 Home.

FKTRY, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home

1. Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home - Similar Threads - Installation media creation

2. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  3. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  4. Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home: When I purchased my laptop, I paid for a windows 10 pro upgrade. I used media creation tool to do a reinstall, but it only installs home. In the Microsoft store, I am unable to download. When you call it forces you online. When you go online support, it says it should just...
  5. Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home: When I purchased my laptop, I paid for a windows 10 pro upgrade. I used media creation tool to do a reinstall, but it only installs home. In the Microsoft store, I am unable to download. When you call it forces you online. When you go online support, it says it should just...
  6. Upgraded from WIN 10 Home to Pro, Media Creation Tools just installs Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows home media creation tool

windows home media creation tool: Hi, I downloaded windows media creation tool to install the home edition on my laptop which licensed for this version but it keep giving me the windows pro edition instead. where I can get the home edition of windows...
  8. Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home

Media Creation Tool downgraded os from WIn 10 education to Win 10 Home: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool. Created reinstall for "this machine". Swapped old ssd for new ssd. Reinstalled win 10 with Media Creation Tool. Ended up with Win 10 Home on new ssd, but had Win 10 Education on old ssd. What gives?...
  9. Media Creation Tool installed 10 Pro instead of 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool installed 10 Pro instead of 10 Home: I was forced to "upgrade" to Windows 10 Home about 3 years ago. I've hated it since. I have been attempting to go back to Windows 7. I got back to Windows 7 and found my product key was no where to be found. My COA has been worn down and is illegible. That combined with the...
  10. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930