Windows 10: Windows 10 installation media - Up To Date?

Discus and support Windows 10 installation media - Up To Date? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically, is the Windows 10 installation tool up to date, would it have the Fall creators update? Thanks *Smile 104684 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vellaura, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Vellaura Win User

Windows 10 installation media - Up To Date?

Basically, is the Windows 10 installation tool up to date, would it have the Fall creators update?

Thanks *Smile

:)

Vellaura, Feb 19, 2018

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Feb 19, 2018
  3. media feature pack not working

i have installed media feature pack for windows 10 n but till asking to install media feature pack. when I again install it pop up it already installed

BhabaniShankar, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

If you download the Media Creation Tool today it will make the media for Fall Creators Update.

If you have already downloaded the MCT it may be for an earlier version, depending of when you downloaded it. If it was before October 2017 it would be an earlier version. Best to download a new MCT from Microsoft to be sure.
    Get Windows 10

5. Vellaura Win User
    Yeah i'm making a USB install right now, so it should have the latest update *Smile

Vellaura, Feb 19, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    The media you are making will be for 1709, build 16299.15, which will update to the latest build (currently 16299.248) as soon as it is installed.

7. MS does NOT update the MCT every time they bring out a Windows Update, even for Cumulative Updates.

But, they do update it every time they bring out a new "version" -- which is why, at this time, it has been updated for the Fall Creator's Update (FCU) - version 1709.

Sometime after version 1803 gets released, they will update the MCT to have that version.

Mark Phelps, Feb 21, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Indeed, if you still have the original MCT from 2015 it will still make install media for 1507, build 10240. Likewise the 1511 and 1607 MCTs still make their own builds.

Starting with the 1703 MCT it now checks for a newer version. If it finds one it will not let you make the older media, instead it will prompt you to download the latest MCT.

Windows 10 installation media - Up To Date? [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation media - Up To Date? - Similar Threads - installation media Date

2. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  3. Keeping Installation Media Up to date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping Installation Media Up to date.: When I purchase Window 11 on a USB or a DVD boxed versions , I get the current version of Windows at that moment in time. As time goes on, newer versions are released and sold, but I still have the older outdated release. I understand that if I need to re-install again later,...
  4. Installing up to date drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing up to date drivers: My documents are no longer attaching to the emails. That just started. What can I do to return to being able to attach documents I saved on my desktop to emails that I'm sending out? I did briefly access a window that explained how to install up-to-date drivers but can't find...
  5. Installing up to date drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing up to date drivers: My documents are no longer attaching to the emails. That just started. What can I do to return to being able to attach documents I saved on my desktop to emails that I'm sending out? I did briefly access a window that explained how to install up-to-date drivers but can't find...
  6. windows 10 up date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 up date: when windows updated, I lost all my files, some of the icons on the screen are black. when I try to open the store from settings, I get a black line under it received a message to uninstall KB45332693 I do not have this installed, I have : KB4601319, security update...
  7. Windows 10 install media not booting up

Windows 10 install media not booting up: Hi, I recently built my own pc from scratch, here the specs Ryzen 5 3600 Asus Prime X570-P motherboard EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Corsair Vengeance 16gb ram I also recently bought windows 10 to put on my PC but when I even try to use the install media from Microsoft's website,...
  8. Window 10 up date

Window 10 up date: After installing The New Edge my laptop restarted without recognizing my hotmail password....plain mode...no wi fi and it has been hacked with at least 10 users. I have no control on my laptop. Everything is ok. On my Android 6...
  9. WINDOWS 10 UP DATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 UP DATE: Hello I have an old DELL comp running windows 7 32bit I updated it to windows 10 because I was advised to I went to use it and cannot as it says I don't have admin rights when it had downloaded and when I go to change anything it wont let me I have tried all it tells...
  10. Need a Windows 10 Installation download that is up-to-date

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a Windows 10 Installation download that is up-to-date: I want to perform a repair install and am looking for a site where I can download an up-to-date version of Windows 10. Can anyone help? 86150