Windows 10: Windows 10 installation media

Discus and support Windows 10 installation media in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm about to build my first PC and have been running off a laptop for about the last year. As my laptop came with an OEM version of windows I will have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gods_bleach, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 installation media

I'm about to build my first PC and have been running off a laptop for about the last year. As my laptop came with an OEM version of windows I will have to buy a retail license. Will the installation media I create on this OEM model cause issues if I try to activate a retail edition windows key on my new PC?

submitted by /u/Gods_bleach
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gods_bleach, Jan 19, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 19, 2021
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 installation media

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 installation media

1. Windows 10 installation media - Similar Threads - installation media

2. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  3. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  4. How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?: So, I have been trying to install the Media Feature Pack just so I can get my iCloud app working again, but the system can't seem to find it anywhere. I've tried to install it through regular settings as well as with PowerShell but with no results.I've also uninstalled the...
  5. How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?

How to install Media Feature Pack when Windows 11 23H2 can't find it?: So, I have been trying to install the Media Feature Pack just so I can get my iCloud app working again, but the system can't seem to find it anywhere. I've tried to install it through regular settings as well as with PowerShell but with no results.I've also uninstalled the...
  6. windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool: can I do the install without the media creation download as I already have the ISO. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-on-new-pc-from-iso-without/ea3d2317-3c14-41d2-9582-84747c453568
  7. windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool

windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool: can I do the install without the media creation download as I already have the ISO. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-on-new-pc-from-iso-without/ea3d2317-3c14-41d2-9582-84747c453568
  8. windows 10 installation on new pc from ISO without a media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%: So, I want to downgrade from win 11 to 10 and I installed the windows 10 media creation tool and run it. I selected the option "Upgrade current computer" I dont really remember exactly how its called but its sth like that. The installation started and I was hyped. But at some...
  10. Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%

Windows 11 to 10 installation from media creation tool gets stuck and fails at 63%: So, I want to downgrade from win 11 to 10 and I installed the windows 10 media creation tool and run it. I selected the option "Upgrade current computer" I dont really remember exactly how its called but its sth like that. The installation started and I was hyped. But at some...