Windows 10: Windows 10 installation New PC build 'Your PC ran into problems...'

Discus and support Windows 10 installation New PC build 'Your PC ran into problems...' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, hoping someone can help...I've built a new pc - AMD Ryzen 3600, 32gb corsair Vengeance pro ram, 1tb samsung 970 Evo plus NVme drive, 1tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lorestan, Feb 15, 2020.

1. lorestan Win User

Windows 10 installation New PC build 'Your PC ran into problems...'

Hello,

hoping someone can help...I've built a new pc - AMD Ryzen 3600, 32gb corsair Vengeance pro ram, 1tb samsung 970 Evo plus NVme drive, 1tb samsung 860 EVO ssd, Powercolor 5700xt graphics card on a Asus Rog strix b450-i motherboard. Mentioning the above in case it helps.

I downloaded the windows installation iso and burned it onto a new usb drive. When I boot the system I can get into the bios no problem so it posts fine - no crashes. When I plug in the USB drive (btw I've tried two drives as well and installed the image by burning the iso and also directly using Microsofts media creation tool which creates the image directly onto the usb stick) the windows logo comes up and then a blue screen appears with the message 'Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart. we'll restart for you.' there is a variety of stop codes which appear below this 'CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED' or 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' and some others.

I've tried to change bios settings turning off fast boot, swapping boot drive options. Please help! Thanks in advance

:)

lorestan, Feb 15, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 15, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

So are you transferring your Windows install from your current PC then? Is that the goal here? My first questions with your current PC is if you're running an OEM version of the OS if it came with your PC. Or if you bought the OS separately. This could affect you being able to migrate 10 over...but you might be able to install 8/8.1 using the key...and installing and upgrading that way.

I'm assuming by your system specs you purchased 8.1 for it...if so, and you want to keep that license on your old PC...buy a new copy of 7/8/10 for the new PC. Otherwise, transfer it over...at worst you call Microsoft and get a computer voice and spend 10 minutes typing in a bunch of numbers to register with the new hardware.

Newer versions of Windows 10 ISO take 7 and 8/8.1 keys during installation (if 1511 ISO was re-released)...or are supposed to. This would make a clean install with a 7/8 key possible and was supposed to have happened...I honestly haven't been keeping track since they pulled the new ISO weeks ago. I upgraded and did a fresh install with it, but the PC already had 10 on it once...so it auto-activated.

At worst you gotta buy a copy of the OS, which at that point it might be cheaper to find a deal on 7 or 8/8.1 to upgrade to 10 from I would get Pro, no higher or lower IMHO.

I hope that helps. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation New PC build 'Your PC ran into problems...' - Similar Threads - installation build 'Your

2. Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10: I kept getting error "Your pc ran into problem what failed atikmdag.sys service exception not handled" I was getting these driver issue from a while and I fixed it but after sometime my laptop got a startup loop that was annoying and I kept getting the error so I reset my pc...
  3. Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your pc ran into problem while installing windows 10: I kept getting error "Your pc ran into problem what failed atikmdag.sys service exception not handled" I was getting these driver issue from a while and I fixed it but after sometime my laptop got a startup loop that was annoying and I kept getting the error so I reset my pc...
  4. Your PC ran into a problem...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC ran into a problem...: I have currently run into a big problem today. “Your PC ran into a problem and needs a restart.” stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED I have done a little bit of research on different forums looking for answers, starting off with safe mode, which did not work....
  5. Your PC ran into a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your PC ran into a problem: Guys, I got the blue screen showing YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM. I can't use command prompt because A and S keys in my Keyboard aren't working. I don't have a windows Installation pendrive or something either. Please help me find another way. I'm on windows 10 and I updated...
  6. your pc ran into problem

in Windows 10 Support
    your pc ran into problem: this happens once a week on my dad laptop which is 7 years old this started 2 months ago why this happens and how can i avoid it is this software problem or hardware 161557
  7. Your pc ran in to a problem

Your pc ran in to a problem: Hello, ive been using windows 10 since about 2 years and yesterday things were fine but today when i started it out said your pc ran in to a problem..... In morning i dont remember what exactly it said but it was a code that said something about error. I searched on the...
  8. "Your pc ran into a problem.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your pc ran into a problem..": I know what caused this but I don't know how to fix. I basically used realtek hd for my headphones when it was not compatible. It asked for a restart and this keeps on going after that. I tried youtube videos for 5 hrs now and still none of them worked. Any help would be...
  9. New PC Build installation issue - 'Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart'

New PC Build installation issue - 'Your PC ran into problems and needs to restart': Hello, hoping someone can help...I've built a new pc - AMD Ryzen 3600, 32gb corsair Vengeance pro ram, 1tb samsung 970 Evo plus NVme drive, 1tb samsung 860 EVO ssd, Powercolor 5700xt graphics card on a Asus Rog strix b450-i motherboard. Mentioning the above in case it helps....
  10. Your PC ran into a problem

Your PC ran into a problem: Recently I went to shut down my computer, and while doing so I got the blue screen of death. after getting stuck on the blue screen I held down the power button until my computer shut off. I then booted into safe mode and attempted to restore my computer to the last time it...