Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Be right back .... Further what should i do now? Guide me. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Riz, Mar 12, 2017.

1. RIZ
    Riz Win User

Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive

Further what should i do now? Guide me.

2. f14tomcat Win User

I'm typing, give me a minute or two....

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Start the program and click NEXT

Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive [​IMG]

Choose ALL FILES

Choose specific location and browse to your "D" drive and select it.

Leave this blank for the time being. We'll see what it finds.

Let it run. Good recoverable files will show with a green dot, "maybe" files in yellow, "Unrecoverable" in red.

Post back some examples of what you get before you choose to recover them.

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  4. RIZ
    Riz Win User

Thank you so much tomcat, will let you know after finishing the process. Please stay in this thread so I can ask in case of any difficulty.

5. f14tomcat Win User
    I'll be checking the thread. Be thinking about a place to recover them TO. Safer to recover them to another drive if you have one and the space, otherwise you run the risk of overwriting some recoverable files with the ones you're recovering, if that makes any sense.

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  6. RIZ
    Riz Win User
    It shows all the data but this is not the one I want. It's of the old C drive data which was thrown in D drive while installing the Windows.

7. f14tomcat Win User
    Go back and check this box this time and re-run.

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  8. RIZ
    Riz Win User

The process is stuck "on file 175138 46%" from last one hour.

9. f14tomcat Win User
    Is there any disk I/O activity? Light blinking? Activity in Task Manager?

I just saw the pic you added. It says it found 175138 files, not on file #175138. Also says stage 1 of 3, estimated 2 hours more. A deep scan can take quite a while.

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  10. RIZ
    Riz Win User
    Here is task manager and D rive Disk I/O screen shots.

11. f14tomcat Win User
    Find Recuva in the Details display of Taskmanager and see if there is disk activity. Read/Write/other. Are those numbers changing? Which ones? I don't want to kill the process if it's actually doing something.

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  12. essenbe Win User
    Isn't Disk D showing 100% activity?

essenbe, Mar 12, 2017
  13. RIZ
    Riz Win User

Disk is showing 100% but files collecting is stuck past 2 hours.

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Guess only thing to do is kill the process. Whatever caused the initial issue of your data being overwritten may have corrupted something. Could try chkdsk D: /F from Admin command prompt to see if there any bad blocks.

The reason I asked for the details of task manager (not performance screens) was to see if there was lots of internal I/O in the column labeled "other I/O".

f14tomcat, Mar 12, 2017
  15. RIZ
    Riz Win User
    Check the screen of chkdsk.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive - Similar Threads - Installation old data

2. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive: Hey,I have an operating system on my C drive already and very limited space. I'd like to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive, I have the ISO file ready to go and a valid key, I just need to know what to do to get it to install on the secondary drive. How do I do this?...
  3. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive: Hey,I have an operating system on my C drive already and very limited space. I'd like to install Windows 10 on a secondary drive, I have the ISO file ready to go and a valid key, I just need to know what to do to get it to install on the secondary drive. How do I do this?...
  4. Install Windows 10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 cannot boot without secondary drive installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot boot without secondary drive installed: Hello Everyone.I discovered this issue while trying to replace my 2TB HDD.I have windows 10 installed on a 120GB SSD - My idea was to keep the OS files isolated not only within a partition, but on their own SSD.In addition to the 120GB SSD, I have several other disk drives...
  6. Windows 10 cannot boot without secondary drive installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot boot without secondary drive installed: Hello Everyone.I discovered this issue while trying to replace my 2TB HDD.I have windows 10 installed on a 120GB SSD - My idea was to keep the OS files isolated not only within a partition, but on their own SSD.In addition to the 120GB SSD, I have several other disk drives...
  7. Steps to replace secondary data hard drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steps to replace secondary data hard drive Windows 10: I cant find the recommended steps to replace a data drive in Windows 10. I plugged the new drive in, formatted, and am now copying the files over by doing a select all and copy. I plan on removing the old drive and putting the new one into the same spot. The only error...
  8. Installing old data drive in new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing old data drive in new computer: My current laptop has two SSD drives both SATA interface. The C: drive for operating system and programs and a D: drive for all my data. In a few days, I'll be receiving my new HP laptop. It comes with an M2 SSD 512GB and a 1TB HDD SATA interface. I plan on using the new...
  9. Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving Outlook Data Files to Secondary Drive: Hello All Trying to setup Laptop finally with MS outlook, and wanted to move the Outlook data files to my secondary storage drive, to limit writes on SSD drive (128gb m.2 ssd in laptop) Is it worth the hassle of trying to get it setup properly? did same thing months back...
  10. Windows 10 on secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on secondary drive: Hey guys, I want to format my pc but before I do, I have a question that I'm hoping to have answered. I currently have a single SSD and two HDDs, the SSD I'm using primarily for Windows. At the moment, the SSD is defaulted as the C:\ drive and this has the annoying problem...