Windows 10: Windows 10 installation on a window 8.1 Tablet computer

Discus and support Windows 10 installation on a window 8.1 Tablet computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During installation of Windows 10 on a Windows 8.1 Tablet computer do I need a keyboard and mouse or can I use an on-screen keyboard and touchscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cooler44, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cooler44 Win User

Windows 10 installation on a window 8.1 Tablet computer

During installation of Windows 10 on a Windows 8.1 Tablet computer do I need a keyboard and mouse or can I use an on-screen keyboard and touchscreen (instead of a mouse) during installation? If yes, can I use a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse during installation of windows 10?

:)

Cooler44, Nov 18, 2015

2. transfer photos from Microsoft 10 to 8.1 tablet

With Windows 7 and a flash drive I was able to transfer photos to my 8.1 tablet with no trouble. Installed 10 on my computer and now with a flash drive photos to the tablet 8.1 they seem to arrive but will not open... with a message that the tablet is not
    up to date....but it is up to date...

JimMcIntosh-9394, Nov 18, 2015
  3. How to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

I have 3 computers running Win 8.1 and one tablet running 8.1. The tablet got the update icon none on the computers did. All updates are installed and all are legal copies of Windows purchased from Microsoft when Windows 8 came out. So my question is
    what is wrong. The tablet came with 8.1 the computers were upgraded.

Ira Horowitz, Nov 18, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you doing an upgrade or a clean install? I have not had 100% experience with this because my tablet, Nextbook Flexx 10, has a docking type keyboard. But - doing upgrade all the drivers seemed to carryover, including touchscreen. On a clean install, there were several drivers that I had to load, including touchscreen.

So, based on my experience - you SHOULD be able to do an upgrade without mouse and keyboard, but I can't guarantee it because I haven't done it myself without a keyboard/mouse. The same would be true of Bluetooth.

A clean install, I would say, most likely not able to do it without a USB mouse/keyboard.

Couple of hints - my tablet came with Windows 8.1 with Bing. I know that ISO is not available at all for download, it is very device specific. So I used Macrium Reflect Free to make a backup image of the entire memory before I did anything. Then when I found out that a clean install lacked several drivers, I restored Windows 8.1 with Macrium Reflect. I then did DISM /export-driver to export all the third party drivers and saved them to a USB stick. When I got Windows 10 clean installed I was then able to reload all the drivers I saved from Windows 8.1.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation on a window 8.1 Tablet computer - Similar Threads - installation window Tablet

2. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  3. Window 10 install on a Toshiba Tablet/computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 install on a Toshiba Tablet/computer: I downloaded windows 10 to my Toshiba tablet and after the install looked like it had completed it try's to restart and I get the message "Attempting to recover installation. that message last about 2 seconds and I get another message "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  4. Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows device, a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is wacom enabled. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device so the tablet acts like a wacom cintiq/one to the laptop? Thanks in advanced :)...
  5. installer cannot be install on tablet window 10

installer cannot be install on tablet window 10: Hi i have problem to install software metarader 4 on my tablet window 10. when i click to install tablet was hang.how to solve that problem...
  6. MW10Q15 (AVGO Tablet 2 in 1 computer) No Sound Drivers installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MW10Q15 (AVGO Tablet 2 in 1 computer) No Sound Drivers installed: how do I get support for model # MW10Q15? I tried to find drivers for my sound, and I cannot locate any at the moment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mw10q15-avgo-tablet-2-in-1-computer-no-sound/d95ec02c-1611-461e-a398-d0456138eea3
  7. Installing windows 10 on tablet?

Installing windows 10 on tablet?: Hi everyone! I have an HP X2 detachable laptop with windows 10 installed, and it has a bunch of bloatware with like a 1GB of space remaining out of 32GB, I disabled secure boot from the BIOS but I couldn't see legacy boot support option to enable. I tried a bootable USB...
  8. fresh install of windows 10 on tablet

fresh install of windows 10 on tablet: hi there.a have a airis winpad 81w tablet... i;being so stupid*Sick; went and made a clean install of windows 10, and erase all of the partitions; to gain so me more space. and make the windows to create all the partitions. all good. but the windows cant complete the install...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet

Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet: Hi, I have a Asus 2 in 1 tablet running windows 8.1. I tried to upgrade it via a thumb drive and it keeps on asking me for the product key. The tablet came preinstalled with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 8.1. The product I have accessed in the settings is still the...
  10. 8" tablet running win 10

8" tablet running win 10: Hi guys ive read all that you've posted here but it doesn't cover my problem, i have a 8" tablet running win 10 (upgraded from 8.1 bing) i want to sell the thing as ive bought another, So tried to reset & it just gets stuck. Either a blank screen or the tablet logo with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avgo keyboard

2. mercer mw 10q15 wiifi frivers win10