Windows 10: Windows 10 installation on clean drive fails with error "We couldn't install Windows in the...

Discus and support Windows 10 installation on clean drive fails with error "We couldn't install Windows in the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm installing Windows 10 from a flash drive purchased from microsoft.com on a new machine that I built. Currently installation is failing when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CalebLevine, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installation on clean drive fails with error "We couldn't install Windows in the...

I'm installing Windows 10 from a flash drive purchased from microsoft.com on a new machine that I built. Currently installation is failing when I try to select where the installation location. The only location available is "Drive 0 Unallocated Space" which seems correct to me. When I hit "Next" I get an error message "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened: 0x80300002."

If I try to use diskpart to create a partition on the drive create partition primary I get an error "DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the System Event Log for more information." Unfortunately all of the advice online seems to be about viewing system evens once you've got Windows running, not while you're installing it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

CalebLevine, Mar 26, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 installation on clean drive fails with error "We couldn't install Windows in the...

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation on clean drive fails with error "We couldn't install Windows in the...

1. Windows 10 installation on clean drive fails with error "We couldn't install Windows in the... - Similar Threads - installation clean drive

2. We couldn't install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't install windows 10: Windows 10 install problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-install-windows-10/97b3b6f9-52ac-4fd4-b638-4907b0be7ef0
  3. We couldn't install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't install windows 10: Windows 10 install problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-install-windows-10/97b3b6f9-52ac-4fd4-b638-4907b0be7ef0
  4. We couldn't install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldn't install windows 10

We couldn't install windows 10: I have faced this error while i am upgrading my pc from windows 7 to windows 10 We couldn't install windows 10we've set your pc back to the way it was right before you started installing windows 10.0xC1900101 - 0x20017the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error...
  6. We couldn't install Windows 10

We couldn't install Windows 10: I ran the setup.exe and it went through the process normally and in the end i got this message with error code: 0x80070002 - 0x3000D The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation[ATTACH]...
  7. We couldn't install Windows 10

We couldn't install Windows 10: I tried repair upgrade of Windows 10, installation ended with this error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 I had previously problem with efi partition, i had to remake it. Also installation said: "we can't tell if your pc is ready to continue installing windows 10. try restarting...
  8. We couldn't install windows 10

We couldn't install windows 10: Hi, I have some problems with my installing progress and i have stuck on this trouble many times: "We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set your PC back to the way it was just before you started installing Windows 10 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the...
  9. We Couldn't install Windows 10

We Couldn't install Windows 10: 0xC1900101 - 0X2000A The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation Hi all, I keep getting the above error message. I have tried a number of solutions without any success, hoping someone may be able to suggest another...
  10. We couldn't install Windows 10

We couldn't install Windows 10: Hello, The month of October and November, Windows has been trying to do an update but continues to error out and says update failed, reinstalling previous version. Finally, it got stuck and I had to reinstall my Windows 8. I am still trying to install the Windows 10 using...