Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation on Non-bootable device

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation on Non-bootable device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had a situation where my Hard Drive got completely wiped out. I got my personal data recovered on it. Now, I have a Hard Drive that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harshd_30, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Harshd_30 Win User

Windows 10 Installation on Non-bootable device

Hello,

I had a situation where my Hard Drive got completely wiped out. I got my personal data recovered on it.

Now, I have a Hard Drive that contains all my data but there is no OS loaded on it.

I was previously using Windows 10 and would want to install the same again.

Can I do it without erasing my personal data?

If yes, then please guide on it.

If not, then what other options do I have because I dont want to loose my data again.

:)

Harshd_30, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Installation on Non-bootable device

Problem installing window via bootable pendrive

recently i installed windows 7 ultimate in Acer Aspire 5755. After installing windows its automacally starts with pen drive. Even i set Hard Disk as primary bootable device. But it start with pen drive.

Dineshsheoran24, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation on Non-bootable device

1. Windows 10 Installation on Non-bootable device - Similar Threads - Installation Non bootable

2. Repair offline non bootable windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair offline non bootable windows 10: While trying to get Windows 19 1809 to upgrade to 20H2, I ran Malwarebytes and quarantined reported pups. I can't remember if it ever rebooted after the quarantine or not. Anyway, I am now trying to use DISM to repair this installation offline, but I can't find a Windows 10...
  3. Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD

Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD: Hi, I want to install Win10 on a system with a NVME SSD, but the BIOS does not recognize the drive as a bootable device. I have already done this with Linux, just put the EFI Partition and the /boot mount point on the HDD and the root / and /home folder is on the NVME...
  4. Uninstall windoes 10 off non bootable

Uninstall windoes 10 off non bootable: Hello all, Hope we are all staying coronavirus free! So I built my newest and greatest rig ever. Cost me upwards of 1300.00 US bones, not including monitor and HDDs. This was in June. As time went on, I realized that almost on every drive was an iteration of windows...
  5. no bootable device windows 10

no bootable device windows 10: i replaced the hard drive on a HP windows 10 now i have a black screen that has a no bootable device error on it ...what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-windows-10/0d1d2082-f89e-4f81-a15e-1c4ec5405df3
  6. Windows 10, no bootable device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, no bootable device: Привіт, після того як на мій ноутбук поставили SSD і нову RAM під час роботи появляється синій екран із помилкою та QR кодом пізніше перезагружається і появляється такий екран: [ATTACH] Переустановка windows не допомогла. Підкажіть що робити у даній ситуації....
  7. Windows 10 no bootable device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 no bootable device: Hello I'm having an issue when I turn on my laptop it says no bootable device please restart system. I've seen two fixes something about bios and reset Windows. It won't let me enter bios so how do I reset Windows without being able to boot the laptop up?...
  8. installing windows on a non-bootable drive

installing windows on a non-bootable drive: there are some very nice enterprise PCI-E SSD drives ( for example Micron ) that have only one problem - they are not bootable so i was wondering - is it possible to put the boot partition on a small bootable SSD ( say 16 gb Intel Optane, which i'm not sure is bootable...
  9. Windows 10 no bootable device

Windows 10 no bootable device: I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 about 2 weeks ago, absolutely no issues, i was happy with everything. My computer had froze and i forced a shut down via power button. Upon starting again i was greeted with "no operating system found" I fixed that problem now im greeted...
  10. Can a a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO do a clean install?

Can a a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO do a clean install?: My computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 and activated. I have a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO. Is it possible to do a clean install with that non-bootable DVD disk? Any alternative to do a clean install? *** Heard imgburn can create a bootable DVD ISO, but after...