Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix Thanks Kieran! 28242 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by themasterk, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!

Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix! [​IMG]

Can anyone help me, tried this loads of times and I can't find a fix

Thanks
    Kieran!

:)

themasterk, Oct 29, 2015
  2. joeoil Win User

Sleep Problem after "upgrading " to windows 10

I had the same problem with my Acer Aspire M3920 desktop computer after i did a clean install of Windows 10. When it goes into sleep or hibernate mode it was impossible to wake up computer. I had to do a forced shut down before I could boot my computer again.
    The problem has not been fixed yet. Some people maybe could find some temporary fix but the main problem is not yet solved.

I had to reinstall Windows 7 again, from my recovery discs.

joeoil, Oct 29, 2015
  3. LWhite14 Win User
    LWhite14, Oct 29, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix!

It looks like you're trying to upgrade from 8.1...?

First, take a full disk image (Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper - both free, + external USB drive (e.g.) needed
    You should do this and use disk imaging regularly anyway.

Second, then try
    a. uninstalling your AV/firewall if you have one (recommended practice).
    b. making sure you're not running any programs likely to conflict e.g. Aeroglass..... and uninstall these
    c. try again.

If upgrading still fails, try a new install and see if that helps. Obviously you would then lose all installed programs...
    But you have the disk image to revert to, so you would separate hardware issues from software issues.

If that fails, try downloading a new iso and creating a Win 10 DVD and try again.

dalchina, Oct 29, 2015
  5. I've tried installing through outside the system and it fails, Uninstalled the antivirus (had to put it back on after) Aeroglass?

themasterk, Oct 29, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, don't understand 'through outside the system'. I'm not clear what you've tried of what I suggested..
    If you can list
    a. what you've tried
    b. what happened (any error messages, outcomes, screenshot if helpful)
    clearly and logically, someone may be able to help you better..

(Aeroglass- search and you'll find it easily- just one of several programs that are known to cause problems upgrading).

dalchina, Oct 29, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Download the ISO in this post how to create the activation token from your present Windows installation to use it to activate a clean-install.

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
  8. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Nov 17, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I like the clean install suggestion for you in the other thread.. have you tried that?
    Also suggest running chkdsk wherever relevant before retrying.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
  10. Steve C Win User
    I thought you had to do an in place upgrade first for Windows 10 to activate? Anyway, I want to avoid all the time spent in reinstalling all my software if possible.

Steve C, Nov 17, 2015
  11. dalchina New Member
    Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help
    Apparently MS have now (in latest build) decided to do what people 'expect' and allow the entry of qualifying license keys.

Only if
    a. you can get back to running your Win 8 configuration again and then do a successful upgrade
    or
    b. Complete the existing one
    will you be able to avoid reinstalling your programs and configuring your settings.

Had you
    a. Taken a disk image of your Win 8 setup
    or
    b. Used a program such as Laplink PC Mover or Easeus ToDo Trans to take a transferrable copy of your installed programs
    (which should be an excessive step in this case!)
    you would be in with a chance of avoiding reinstallation.

Note that if you can't get to a working bootable configuration from where you are now, you may lose some of the licenses (assuming you have a secure copy of them) for your installed programs (e.g. giveaways).

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
  12. Steve C Win User
    I do have a full Macrium backup of my current 8.1 installation. The current installation problem just drops me back to Windows 8.1, Windows is still activated and I can easily delete the install files via Disk Cleanup.

Steve C, Nov 17, 2015
  13. dalchina New Member

Excellent.. wise man!
    - so I suggest you look carefully at your installed programs and see if you see anything that might hook onto the Windows UI or modify it in any way, and uninstall that and your AV/firewall and try again.

Have you tried running a compatibility check?
    Will your PC run Windows 10? Use the official compatibility checker to find out | ZDNet

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    OK, then uninstall or completely disable your antivirus, firewall, antispyware, any disk utility (Macrium, Acronis etc). Then go at Device Manager and disable any non-important device (audio, SATA/SCSI controller without devices attached, TV tuner etc). This will prevent any hardware incompatibilities (if Windows Update cannot find drivers for a device, installation stucks at some point). Also press Win+R to open a Run dialog and execute msconfig. Go to Services tab, check the box to hide all Microsoft services and then disable most non-important services (updaters etc). Then click on Startup tab and click to open Task Manager. Again disable any non-important application (QTtask, Skype, Java etc). This will prevent any software incompatibilities. Open the Windows 10 ISO or DVD, right-click on Setup and Run as Administrator (just in case). Now you should succeed.

PS: It is a good idea to execute a check disk to eliminate any disk errors before starting: Code: chkdsk c: /f[/quote]

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation problem, yet to find fix! - Similar Threads - Installation problem yet

2. Where to find the fix it tool "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to find the fix it tool "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or...: Hello, the link in the MS support website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed does not work anymore:...
  3. has the windows 10 can't find your camers issue been fixed yet

in Windows 10 Customization
    has the windows 10 can't find your camers issue been fixed yet: Has the windows 10 can't find your camers issue been fixed yet, any one out there got an answer from the powers to be yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-the-windows-10-cant-find-your-camers-issue/e4cb5d49-460f-4e97-9e55-543c66dc8abc
  4. Find and fix network problems

Find and fix network problems: I use the built-in windows wifi troubleshooter to fix my problems, but about an hour ago I tried it again and this time I got this: [ATTACH] What do I do now?...
  5. Need Help Finding/Fixing the problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help Finding/Fixing the problem.: To start this off, my laptop Acer Aspire ES1-533 Series, Model N16C1, started having an issue a couple months back, where the screen would randomly black out for odd periods of time, with nothing but the cursor showing, and then come back on, all randomly. This makes using it...
  6. Windows 10 Input Indicator still not yet fix???

Windows 10 Input Indicator still not yet fix???: So I think this is the same old questions about the input indicator for windows 10...Up till now, there is non of those updates that are here to fix this problem...(Just done all the method that I can searched on google and did ever single one of them, non of them work) So do...
  7. Is there a fix yet for Win10 Weather app LiveTile yet?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there a fix yet for Win10 Weather app LiveTile yet?: I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona. I have done various combinations...
  8. 10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    10 years this has been a problem - is there a fix yet???: I like many others have played MS FS Vs 9 and X for a long time. My elderly trusty many times rebuilt 32 bit PCs mobo finally went bang last year and has been replaced with a nice new shiny Win10 x64 quad core thing. However ive struggled to reinstall FS9 and X, NEITHER...
  9. Has W10 fixed these problems yet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has W10 fixed these problems yet?: Howdy folks! I'm (still) a W7 holdout. I tried '10' a year or so ago but it bit me, so i rolled back. What went wrong? Following is a list... (I'm not here just to gripe- that doesn't help anybody. But if i describe my problems, others will probably share them and be helped...
  10. Fix Account, Yet Again

Fix Account, Yet Again: Let's try this again. I've looked at threads that address this problem, none of which as far as I can tell actually provide a usable answer. On top of that, most of the threads are locked. I guess this is because nobody at M$ knows the answer, and they don't want to deal...