Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation shows only a black screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation shows only a black screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So about a year ago, I attempted to upgrade my family members computer to Windows 10 from 7. This turned into a complete disaster I don't ever want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Duo01, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Duo01 Win User

Windows 10 Installation shows only a black screen.

So about a year ago, I attempted to upgrade my family members computer to Windows 10 from 7. This turned into a complete disaster I don't ever want to go through again. To keep it short, it ended up DEACTIVATING their computer.

We left it unactivated and really couldn't do anything about it as Microsoft tried to get us to buy a key even though it was previously activated.

Fast forward to today and we bought a key and finally gave in to the whole "get a key" thing.

I put in the valid key, it works, and installs, it goes to that blue spiral screen showing "Installing Windows... [Percentage] Complete, This may take a while.

So I let it run, and came back 15 minutes later to it rebooting. It now has shown a black screen for the past 20 minutes.

The computer previously ran Windows 7 Pro until today when I attempted to upgrade it.

To be honest, I'm completely sick of this mess and it's starting to make me incredibly mad.

I checked all the system requirements and their computer fits every single one.

Any help would be appreciated, although please don't suggest anything that would screw it up.

I might call Microsoft later, I'm posting here first to see what answers the community has.

:)

Duo01, Apr 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 6, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation shows only a black screen. - Similar Threads - Installation shows black

2. windows security only shows black screen, windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security only shows black screen, windows 11: I tried reinstalling windows security, scanning it with sfc/scannow, and even reseting my laptop. Still didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-only-shows-black-screen-windows/e33a6b52-a2d0-4f8b-ad11-5381403a4fba
  3. The cutscenes in video shows only black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cutscenes in video shows only black screen: Previously, I downloaded a game titled Hitman Contracts, which is a popular game created by IO Interactive. When I play, the movies turns into black screen. After that, the main menu doesn't show black screen, only when the video starts with a black screen. Does anyone have...
  4. The cutscenes in video shows only black screen

The cutscenes in video shows only black screen: Previously, I downloaded a game titled Hitman Contracts, which is a popular game created by IO Interactive. When I play, the movies turns into black screen. After that, the main menu doesn't show black screen, only when the video starts with a black screen. Does anyone have...
  5. my camera only shows black screen

my camera only shows black screen: Ive uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and app.. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-only-shows-black-screen/f2336a1d-1dfb-4382-81d2-2e968fa6de56
  6. Only black screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Only black screen on windows 10: I want to ask one question, why only the black screen showing after sign in to Windows.No issue encountered if signing in with a different profile. My notebookrunning on Windows 10 Professional. Hopefully, u all can help me. Thanks a lot...
  7. Computer only showing black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer only showing black screen with cursor: Last night I was playing a game on my computer when the screen froze. After a waiting a while I just decided to turn the whole computer off. When I turned it back on after the loading screen (white spinning dots) it goes straight to a black screen. I can move the cursor but...
  8. Camera only shows black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera only shows black screen: I have an Acer laptop that uses Windows 10 and has a built-in webcam. I can turn the camera on with the camera app. The green light lights up and I get a popup on my screen that says "camera on" but all I see is a black screen. The camera is not covered up by anything and...
  9. cortana shows only black screen

in Cortana
    cortana shows only black screen: Cortana shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-shows-only-black-screen/242f6d2b-ccdb-4abb-bedb-c4fdc6f03f91"
  10. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...