Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation stuck at 71%

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation stuck at 71% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I tried installation yesterday after month or two to get the same outcome, my instalation is getting stucked at 71% while 91% in Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R4lfXD, Oct 29, 2015.

1. R4lfXD Win User

Windows 10 Installation stuck at 71%

Hi, I tried installation yesterday after month or two to get the same outcome, my instalation is getting stucked at 71% while 91% in Driver subcategory. Does anybody know what is happening around that time in installation so i can unninstal/upgrade the driver?

:)

R4lfXD, Oct 29, 2015

2. Can I upgrade from Win10586 x64 to Windows Aniversary?

I use windows 10 upgrade assistant to update PC,but it stuck installing 71% with error code 0xc1900107.Is there any help to solve that proplem?

TuanTranNL, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 build 10240 got to 71% installing twice and stuck there

I have a Dell Latitude 10. It came with Win 8 32 bit. I upgraded to Win 10 during the free upgrade time. When the 1607 update came out, the machine went to crud. It always failed at 71%. I did the above steps. I finally busted out my Win 8 install stick
    that came from Dell. I did a clean install of Win 8. Great. i did the upgrade installation and It got stuck at the exact same 71%. When I rebuilt the machine I only deleted the windows partition. I'm now going to wipe the entire drive and see if it continues.
    This is beyond frustrating.

sEoUlManPC, Oct 29, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Probably Windows try to find drivers for some device and cannot. I recommend to disconnect all peripherals (printer, gamepad, external hard disks etc), expansion cards (TV, audio etc) and any extra drive. Leave only the DVD-ROM, the Windows hard disk, the graphics card (if discrete) connected. Then try to install Windows 10 again. After a successful installation you can reconnect your devices and install drivers for them.

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Wes217 Win User
    I was stuck at that exact same % of progress for 4 hours before it finally started to move again. It did eventually go though so maybe wait overnight and see what happens.

Wes217, Oct 31, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Maybe it scanned the disk for errors. If the disk as bad sectors it can take a long time to complete. Check your disk with a diagnostic tool (such as Seatools for Seagate or Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for WD) and if problems found consider replacing it. If the problems are not too severe you could be able to clone it to a new disk to save you the trouble of reinstall everything.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installation stuck at 71% - Similar Threads - Installation stuck 71%

2. Installing windows stops at 71%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows stops at 71%: I've been trying to revive my old laptop but when I was installing windows it lags, the circle sometimes stops and when it got to 71% the laptop freezes and the installation doesnt go any further. I tried turning it off and restarting.Before I started reinstalling windows on...
  3. Installing windows stops at 71%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows stops at 71%: I've been trying to revive my old laptop but when I was installing windows it lags, the circle sometimes stops and when it got to 71% the laptop freezes and the installation doesnt go any further. I tried turning it off and restarting.Before I started reinstalling windows on...
  4. Installing windows stops at 71%

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows update is blocked at 71%

Windows update is blocked at 71%: Hi, I am trying to update Windows to version 20H2, however the installation is blocked at 71%. What I tried: 1 Tried to run this in admin command prompt: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution...
  6. Windows update is blocked at 71%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is blocked at 71%: Hi, I am trying to update Windows to version 20H2, however the installation is blocked at 71%. What I tried: 1 Tried to run this in admin command prompt: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution...
  7. Windows update is blocked at 71%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop stuck at 71% installing windows

Laptop stuck at 71% installing windows: I recently got the newest windows 10 update, but my network drivers were completely missing after that. I tried everything and then ended up having to reset all my drivers. After that, they still were missing, so i decided to reset my pc. I chose to keep my personal files....
  9. Windows Update 1903 got stuck at 71%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update 1903 got stuck at 71%: I am running Windows 10 and Windows Update writes (directly translated from my language (Swedish) to English): "Functional update for Windows 10, version 1903 Status: Preparing some things - 71%" I have tried it multiple times and it has been hanging there for many hours...
  10. Windows 10 build 1803 got to 71% installing failed

Windows 10 build 1803 got to 71% installing failed: If you have a problem with the windows upgrade 1803, you must delete the content of users Recent folder's in : C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent you must do that for all users and restart the upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install stuck at 71

2. hp printer install stops at 71%

3. Windows installation stuck on 71%

4. windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 failed 71 percent,
  5. windows installing stuck 71%,
  6. windows 10 reset 71%,
  7. Windows installation stuck at 71%,
  8. windows 10 installation crashes at 71%,
  9. Windows 10 instalation stops at 71,
  10. windows 10 install hangs at 71,
  11. WHEN I TRY TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 MY COMPUTER STOPS AT UPDATES 71%,