Windows 10: Windows 10 installation "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error"

Discus and support Windows 10 installation "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install windows 10 on my computer which is currently operating with windows 7. I've tried 4 times now and continue to get the same text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin W.Smith, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installation "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error"

I'm trying to install windows 10 on my computer which is currently operating with windows 7. I've tried 4 times now and continue to get the same text box message: "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. What should I do?

:)

Kevin W.Smith, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Diewoe Win User

0xC1900101-0x40017 The Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase

Error with windows update, trying to install the November update of windows 10

0xC1900101-0x40017
    The Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation.

I have done the DISM stuff the SFC stuff and even did a full CLEAN install of windows 10 losing all my programs and that's how i got the error i listed above. I downloaded the patch using the Windows Media tool as the windows update wont seem to download it and say it will try again later. It always seems to fail on one of the restarts.

Any Idea how to get the November update installed? Oh and now some of my programs are saying im missing MSVCP100.dll and trying to go to the download page at Microsoft just says try again later.

Diewoe, May 23, 2020
  3. Instalation fails on SECOND_BOOT

Trying to install windows 10 pro and shows "the instalation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". How do i resolve it ???

mthobisindzimandze, May 23, 2020
  4. jacky_thp Win User

Windows 10 installation "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error"

The installation failed in SECOND_BOOT phase

I have updated my video card driver and tried upgrade for several times. Sometimes the same problem persists and sometimes it gives another message "The installation failed in SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" with error code
    0xC1900101 - 0x4000D.

jacky_thp, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error"

1. Windows 10 installation "The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error" - Similar Threads - installation installation failed

2. xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...: Hello,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my desktop computer. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but I am encountering issues after the installation. After the computer restarts to install the update, it gets stuck at 91% without moving, and after a long moment,...
  3. xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...: Hello,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my desktop computer. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but I am encountering issues after the installation. After the computer restarts to install the update, it gets stuck at 91% without moving, and after a long moment,...
  4. xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...: Hello,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my desktop computer. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but I am encountering issues after the installation. After the computer restarts to install the update, it gets stuck at 91% without moving, and after a long moment,...
  6. 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xC1900101 – 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...: Hello,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my desktop computer. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but I am encountering issues after the installation. After the computer restarts to install the update, it gets stuck at 91% without moving, and after a long moment,...
  7. Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to perform a system upgrade from an older version of Windows 10 to a newer version of Windows 10 and the […] This article Error 0xC1900101 – 0x40017, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: I have a Surface Book running Win 10 Pro 1909. It appears to have a problem in that it will not install some updates. I tried to fix the problem as follows. 1 Downloaded the Media Creation Tool. 2 Created an installation ISO to install Win 10 Pro 2004. 3 Mounted the ISO....
  9. Error 0x8007002C-0x4001E, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x8007002C-0x4001E, The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase: [ATTACH] When upgrading to Windows 10 if you are seeing the following Upgrade Error, it’s a clear cut situation about Windows 10 Upgrade has gone bad. We will look at various solutions which can help you resolve this problem: 0x8007002C-0x4001E, The [...] This post Error...
  10. The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during

The installation failed on the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during: I'm trying to upgrade my HP Envy 15 J2E89EA from 8.1 Home to 10 Home but it keeps failing with the above message. It also gives me 0xC1900101 - 0x40017. I've been using a Win 64 ISO DVD, I did a windows Update check beforehand but it was already up to date. I've tried...