Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation Troubles on a New Build (Status: 0xc000000d)

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation Troubles on a New Build (Status: 0xc000000d) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks, My brother is working on his first PC build for work and has never used Windows as a personal OS before. He lives across the country so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zubith12, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Installation Troubles on a New Build (Status: 0xc000000d)

Hey folks,

My brother is working on his first PC build for work and has never used Windows as a personal OS before. He lives across the country so I've been trying my best to help him get things up and running over video chat.

He got everything assembled, and all parts seem to be recognized in the BIOS. He ordered a Windows 10 64-bit USB to install, but this is where we're running into problems. After checking over the BIOS, I instructed him to boot from the USB with UEFI. We also tried changing the boot order via the BIOS menu itself after running into these problems, but it didn't seem to make a difference. After he selects the 64-bit configuration, we are greeted with this message:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose the language settings, and then click "Next."
    3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi

Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors."

This is displayed on a black screen with white font, Just like a cmd window. All information I can find regarding the same error code seems to be within the Windows installation UI, but we're not capable of launching the troubleshooting guides.

What I'm most worried about is the, "recent hardware or software change might be the cause." However, given the error message listed, I feel it's safe to assume this is a software or bootable USB issue. Also, we are not given any prompts for taking the suggested actions.

My first thought was that there may be a problem with the USB port, but they all seem to using the keyboard just fine. My only other idea is that the USB stick included with the Windows key may not be working properly. It's getting late so we're taking a break. I've told him to find a USB stick that we can clear and download the Windows installation media for tomorrow, just in case it is a problem with the included USB stick.

I do not currently have the system specs available to me, but I can get them tomorrow if necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Zubith12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zubith12, Aug 12, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 12, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Installation Troubles on a New Build (Status: 0xc000000d)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation Troubles on a New Build (Status: 0xc000000d)

1. Windows 10 Installation Troubles on a New Build (Status: 0xc000000d) - Similar Threads - Installation Troubles Build

2. INstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INstalling Windows 10 on a new build: Hi All,I have built a pc and want to install Windows 10. I already have a Microsoft 365 Family subscription. Does this entitle me to a copy of Windows or do I have to purchase an instance for this machine i do plan to add this to my Family accountThanksjohn...
  3. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.: The McAfee website suggests that this is likely because BitLocker is enabled. It isn't. I do not have McAfee installed.powercfg /h off, hard rebooting and powercfg /h on made no difference. sfc /scannow, nothing.This worked fine until a recent update. That said, a hibernate...
  4. Windows 10 install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install on new build: Recently I built a new PC and everything posted fine. I formatted a new SanDisk USB using the media creation tool. In the bios I set the boot priority for the USB and verified that the mobo recognized my nvme. When I tried to boot from the USB, I get stuck in an endless bios...
  5. Windows 10 1909 0xc000000d after new installation

Windows 10 1909 0xc000000d after new installation: A month or so ago I rebooted my desktop PC after it had installed updates and I was getting BSOD startup errors. I work in IT support, this is something I've seen and fixed many times before. I did the usual fixboot etc and it was fine. Last week I rebooted after the latest...
  6. Windows 10 Installation on New Build

Windows 10 Installation on New Build: Hello, I'm getting bits together to build a new computer after my Windows 7 computers motherboard failed and have a couple of questions regarding installation of Windows 10. I've seen in various places that you can still use a Windows 7 activation code to activate Windows...
  7. PC needs to repaired on fresh install of windows 0xc000000d

PC needs to repaired on fresh install of windows 0xc000000d: When installing windows on an empty SSD with and installation usb stick, the computer crashes during the installation giving me the message that windows needs to be repaired error code 0xc000000d. It gives me an option for startup setting but none of the options within it...
  8. Error 0xc000000d

Error 0xc000000d: I have win10 dell laptop Not have any installation disc Laptop had came with win7 home basic initially and then upgraded I want solution which doesn't include formatting disc. This appears at startup of laptop[IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000d

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000d: This issue started with a simple bootloop issue for some unknown reasons after[IMG] sleep mode of my laptop. Now I tried startup repair, it didn't solve it. Tried system restore, success but bootloop is still constant. Tried reset (Keep Files option), success but when...
  10. Trouble installing Windows 10 through USB on a new PC build

Trouble installing Windows 10 through USB on a new PC build: Message is "Windows setup could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install windows make sure that drivers are valid and restart the installation." There is no CD, just USB. Please help!...