Windows 10: Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error

Discus and support Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Couldn’t be installed Errors 0x8007042B 0x2000D The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin-VT, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Kevin-VT Win User

Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error

Windows 10 Couldn’t be installed

Errors 0x8007042B 0x2000D

The installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

:)

Kevin-VT, Oct 3, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 3, 2019
  4. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation upgrading from 7 Pro error - Similar Threads - installation upgrading Pro

2. upgrade from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from windows 7 pro: link for upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro/bd279620-c708-4071-b3bc-5da83496b438
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.: Have been given a Dell laptop that has Windows 7 pro. Updated it with my existing Office 365, then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Seemed to have done this ok. However, on completion, I have a recurring problem. Every time I attempt to do something, laptop...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...: Dell XPS 8900 Intel Core i7-6700 CPA @3.40 GHz 8.00 GB RAM 64 bit Op Sys Have done urgent Dell updates, including BIOS, Intel & Nvidia, ran Dell update & Windows update to last possible Please advise. Upgrade was purchased via MS site...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro: I recently upgraded my laptop from Win 7 to 10 Pro after the installation was complete everything seemed to be going well until I started up my laptop the next day and all I got was the blue screen, I wasn't able to run system repair, nor could I run system restore. I was...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x8007042b 0x2000d