Windows 10: Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo

Discus and support Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello When trying to set-up a new PC, me and a friend encountered a rather annoying issue. We created a bootable usb using the microsoft media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomS_169, Aug 12, 2019.

1. TomS_169 Win User

Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo

Hello

When trying to set-up a new PC, me and a friend encountered a rather annoying issue. We created a bootable usb using the microsoft media creation tool. We did not receive any warnings or errors so we assume the creation was sucesfull.

Now when trying to boot over the usb, the windows logo appears together with the loading dots. However after a few seconds the dots freeze and from that point on nothing else happens.

We searched the internet andfound that many before us encountered the same issue. No one however had a clear answer on how to solve the issue. Many of the solutions sounded more as luck than logic.

We tried making new bootable usb's. We changed between usb formats (FAT 32 or NFTS). We ran BIOS in UEFI and in Legacy (MSI mobo). We switched to integrated graphics to avoid GPU interference. We used usb 3.0 and 2.0 ports. We unplugged unneccesary usb devices which might cause problems. Next to these we tried some other stuff. In short we tried all possible solutions we found on the internet.

There is no sign of hardware failure, checked in the BIOS and all components seem up and running. Both the HDD and SDD are being detected. To rule out hardware failure we tried to install ubuntu. This worked instantly.

We tried to install windows through ubuntu but that seems to be an adventure on its own.

Yesterday suddenly, my friend managed to install windows 10. But shortly after windows again could not boot. Most likely ubuntu was interfering with that start -up process. Since ubuntu was installed on the HDD and windows on the SSD we tried to format the HDD but for some reason the disk was not being detected.

We ended up formatting the SSD to try a new windows install but now we're back to scratch since the usb refuses to boot again.

I have no more idea's how to solve this issue. Maybe someone else has. Following information about the PC:

• CPU: Intel Core I7-9700k
    • Mobo: MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk
    • GPU: MSI GeForve RTX 2060 Ventus 6G OC
    • HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008, 2TB
    • SSD: Crucial MX500 2,5", 1TB
    • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2133C13
    • PSU: Corsair RM850x

Kind regards,

Tom S.

:)

TomS_169, Aug 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 12, 2019
  4. VBX
    vbx Win User

computer freezes at windows logo.

My Win7 logo use to freeze right when the 3 dots start rotating. For a good 30-60 seconds. Then windows loads.

I changed my Graphic Card and it fixed the freezing logo.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo - Similar Threads - installation usb freeze's

2. freeze on windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freeze on windows logo: When i attempt to install win 7 it freezes as soon the logo appears and fans speed up.In bios it doesnt freeze only when i start booting from usb or from hdd and there is also tinly pixelated line near right corner of screen Could it be gpu problem or bios i only checked ram...
  3. freeze on windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freeze on windows logo: When i attempt to install win 7 it freezes as soon the logo appears and fans speed up.In bios it doesnt freeze only when i start booting from usb or from hdd and there is also tinly pixelated line near right corner of screen Could it be gpu problem or bios i only checked ram...
  4. Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.: New pc build, trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Created installer usb using the tool on MS website. USB was formatted GPT FAT32, 16gb capacity. Upon booting to bios menu the usb drive is seen - showing 2 partitions, one labelled UEFI, one not. Trying to boot to...
  5. Windows 10 Freezing at Windows logo.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing at Windows logo.: Hi, my name is Hunter and I have built a new pc from scratch. Everything is brand new in the build. After loading the new operating system, it runs normally. When loading and getting the files ready for the first startup, it freezes at the windows logo with the white dots...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on logo screen

Windows 10 freezes on logo screen: So, I'm having a bit of an issue with my Windows computer after the recent updates. Every time I turn it on it stays stuck on the logo screen. Those spinning white circles, that indicate it's loading, don't appear and I am forced to do a hard shutdown. When I turn it on again...
  7. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo: Hi, I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it. I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I tried installing it on my new computer. I opened my BIOS change it so it will boot from the USB, and then "saved & exit"...
  8. Freeze at Windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze at Windows logo: Just built a new Ryzen 5 3600 computer and am using my old SSD with windows 10 Home edition. I was able to get it to boot and ran a few games. Then I went into bios on an asrock b450m steel legend changing the ram to the rated 3200mhz and received a BSOD with the error memory...
  9. Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen.

Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen.: After a hectic few weeks of figuring things out, I finally had my first build completed. The fans work, everything lights up, I can get it to boot, it's great! Here are some of its specs: CPU AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor Motherboard Asus PRIME B350-PLUS...
  10. Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo: Hi! I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it. At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and tried to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The installation failed saying: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...