Windows 10: Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails.

Discus and support Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a while a message saying Installation failed due to safe OS during INSTALL_UPDATE. What should i do now? I really want to upgrade to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamesworthwhile, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails.

After a while a message saying Installation failed due to safe OS during INSTALL_UPDATE. What should i do now? I really want to upgrade to Windows 10.

:)

jamesworthwhile, Nov 22, 2018
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 22, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails.

1. Windows 10: Installation via upgrade fails. - Similar Threads - Installation via upgrade

2. Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 in place upgrade failing to install: A few days ago I posted here asking for help to fix my curropt windows update and a user recommended me to do a in place upgrade using the windows 10 iso, so that I can keep my data and apps, I tried doing it twice but it failed both times. It gets installed alright, but...
  3. Upgrade install fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade install fails: Trying to repair daughters laptop Win10 updates have failed for 2 years and every boot takes 10 minutes of heavy activity before it is usable. Attempts of "Troubleshooting" to repair updates have failed, which implied some files are corrupted. Tried suggested delete update...
  4. Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer

Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 via Windows Media Installer: Hi, I have been having trouble upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10. I am trying it from Windows Media Creation Tool, but everytime it shows that my Realtek Bluetooth isnèt ready for this version of Windows 10 and whenever I try to solve it by ypgrading the Realtek...
  5. Windows 10 fails to upgrade from Home to Pro edition via store upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fails to upgrade from Home to Pro edition via store upgrade: Issue faced : I have an Asus G14 that came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade via MS Store. When I try upgrading/installing Windows 10 Pro via the store, the upgrade fails with an error code 0x80070005. Post which my laptop loses its original...
  6. Windows 10 install (upgrade) fails @ 57%

Windows 10 install (upgrade) fails @ 57%: I have tried various ways to cure this and 5 agents via the chat have also failed (each taking remote control of my PC) I was however totally unimpressed with their expertise, they all made attempts that I had made myself. I am running 1803 and the windows update tells me I...
  7. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...: Yesterday I attempted a Repair Install of Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool as per the TenForums Tutorial but for some reason it all went pear-shaped… I downloaded and ran the Media Creation Tool (1803) and get the following screens:- “Getting a few things ready”...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade failed to install network protocols: I just finished performing my Winows 10 free upgrade from Windows 7. Under windows 7 I was connected to my home network using two NIC 1GB cards bridged together. After the upgrade I find that I don't have internet access because I have no connectivity. This lack of...
  9. Issue Upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 via Install USB

Issue Upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 via Install USB: For the past week, I have been trying to upgrade my computer from Windows 8.1 to 10. It usually gets to varying stages of the install process, and then fails. Most recently, when installing through the Windows Media Tool and upgrading from being logged in, it will do its...
  10. Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!

Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!: Just made a USB to upgrade the PC to Windows 10. Gets to the end of the process but before it restarts a little window pops up to say Windows 10 installation has failed! Attached the setuperr.log found in $WINDOWS.~BT setuperr.log 91587