Windows 10: Windows 10 Installation via USB flash drive was not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Installation via USB flash drive was not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , Hope you could help me. I'm really desperate since I the flash drive works in my old pc but wasn't in my newly built pc. Here's some parts of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nullstrike, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Installation via USB flash drive was not working

Hi ,

Hope you could help me. I'm really desperate since I the flash drive works in my old pc but wasn't in my newly built pc.

Here's some parts of my newly built PC
    Ryzen 5 5600x
    B550I Aorus PRO Ax (Bios version F3)
    Scythe Fuma2
    Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD
    Crucial MX500 1TB

Situation:
    Using 32gb flash drive
    Yesterday, I tried creating bootable windows 10 flash drive via MCT but it just not work. I select the flash drive entry with UEFI and it just stuck at AORUS logo. I tried once again but this time I disable CSM support but same result as previous.

Since MCT doesn't work I tried download the ISO file (from Microsoft website) and manually create the bootable flash drive using Rufus. Once again it stuck at Aorus logo.

Now, I found this tool Ventoy and I tried it. When I boot to my flash drive it works as expected initially, the menu which show my ISO file but upon selecting the file, a blinking underscore display then shows the Windows logo and stuck.

Since all method never work, maybe I should buy a new flash drive and hope it works.

Today, I tried my new flash drive using MCT. First I select the flash drive without UEFI on its name. I waited for 10 - 15 minutes and the result well you know it, it stuck at Aorus logo. Then I once again select the flash drive with UEFi, also disable CSM support and the result is still the same.

I really don't know what's wrong anymore. I tried the new flash drive on my very old pc (10yr old) and it just work. I don't understand why its not working my newly built pc.

Hope someone could help me.
    Thank you very much.

:)

nullstrike, Feb 6, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 6, 2021
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, Feb 6, 2021
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 Installation via USB flash drive was not working

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

i have been installing Windows 7 Ultimate x86 OEM from my Kingston G2 8gb usb for over 6month now, and it's formattet as NTFS but you need to active the partition on the usb flash drive to get it to boot propperly and give it the barcode that the Windows 7 disc have.

i have use this guide several times but once the usb flash drive's partition is activated you never need to do that again.

Guide: How to Install Windows 7 From USB Drive without Windows 7 iso dvd - Blogsdna.com

puma99dk|, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Installation via USB flash drive was not working

1. Windows 10 Installation via USB flash drive was not working - Similar Threads - Installation via USB

2. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  3. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  4. clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error: Hello,I wanted to reinstall windows 11 as a clean installation. I am having several issues. I restart once I create the installation media using the USB flash and I restart and set the USB flash as first to boot. When I get into install it says 'can't find signed drivers' or...
  5. clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean installation of windows 11 via USB flash drive error: Hello,I wanted to reinstall windows 11 as a clean installation. I am having several issues. I restart once I create the installation media using the USB flash and I restart and set the USB flash as first to boot. When I get into install it says 'can't find signed drivers' or...
  6. Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working: Just finished building my PC, I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk II Mobo. I went to install windows 10 from a flash drive, set the flash drive as boot priority, all PC parts working fine and BIOS page is fine. I boot up the PC again to install windows 10 and then THESE screens...
  7. USB flash drives not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drives not working: Hi there, I purchased a custom build PC (new with Windows 10 Pro), however USB storage devices dont appear to be working. However, other USB devices such as keyboards, mouses and headsets etc. seem to work fine. It just appears to be storage devices... I have tried device...
  8. USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB flash drive not working: I recently got a windows 10 PC, but it tells me I need to change the password. I don’t know the old password, so I pressed ‘password reset disk’ and it tells me I need a USB flash drive, I insert one into the PC, and it still says I need to insert one. I waited for a while...
  9. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?: Good morning, Prior to beginning I am making this post to ask a few questions concerning Brinks' tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10,...
  10. Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive: Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state? Thanks, 16378