Windows 10: Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever

Discus and support Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 and I let it run overnight and now it is on working on updates and it is stuck at 91%, should I restart my computer or wait?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeremyg45, May 22, 2020.

1. jeremyg45 Win User

Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever

I installed Windows 10 and I let it run overnight and now it is on working on updates and it is stuck at 91%, should I restart my computer or wait?

:)

jeremyg45, May 22, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 22, 2020
  3. Paladone Win User
    Windows 10 taking forever to install

Free upgrade from windows 7

Paladone, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever

Windows 10 taking forever to install

Ruh roh. I'd plug the HDD into another computer, retrieve the data, install windows 7, then force windows 10 upgrade. The power loss during the upgrade most likely ruined the upgrade process.

FordGT90Concept, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever

1. Windows 10 installation working on updates taking forever - Similar Threads - installation working updates

2. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows taking forever to Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking forever to Update: I did one of the Windows update and it told me to restart my computer. Usually it takes 5 minutes but today its been over an hour restarting. What should i do?...
  4. Windows 10 Install Taking Forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Taking Forever: Hello, I have a question regarding Windows 10 Installation & Upgrade. I am trying to install Windows 10 1809 32-bit on my Virtual Box but the installer is stuck in "Getting files ready for installation". The percentage of completion is increasing by 15-30 minute intervals. I...
  5. Windows Update takes forever

Windows Update takes forever: The windows update end up took more than 3 hours to complete. Would it be possible to get an estimated time to update beforehand? And it would be nice if the windows can display the estimated remaining time needed instead of the percentage completed because it could be stuck...
  6. Taking forever to update win 10

Taking forever to update win 10: Hello guys, Earlier i posted a question about a freezing problem in my pc. I think i have found a solution to it. Looks like there is a problem with my wifi driver. When i connect to the internet via ethernet such a problem doesn't arise. However i was able to use my pc...
  7. Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install

Windows 10 Update 1803 takes forever to install: I already know the answer to the question I'm asking - how in gods name can a 'feature update' take so long to actually install on a freshly formatted Core i7 HP notebook that in all other respects performs fine? It stays on 80% for 1/2 hour, then 81%, then 82% for similar...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!: Running Windows 10 on Panasonic CF-C2 laptops. When it comes to updates, they are taking FOREVER to install - 20 to 30 minutes. Is anyone experiencing the updates taking this long....my users are screaming because time is money and updates are just taking too long. I am not...
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing updates during windodws 10 install takes forever