Windows 10: Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10. I was having various problems with copying files, retrieving bookmarks, and recovering email.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikewendland1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installation

I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10. I was having various problems with copying files, retrieving bookmarks, and recovering email. Checked many forums and finally figured out most of the problems. One microsoft response was to reinstall windows 10, and once I did that it showed as not activated. The microsoft response to that was to install windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 10 again. This was a huge mistake. I should have known that my current MB would not work with windows 7 and that was a real pain to work around. Since then I can't get windows 10 to reinstall and believe I may have lost my files. When I use the ISO file from the media creation tool on a thumbdrive it won't let me past the custom install page showing drive partitions as unavailable. I'm afraid if I clean those partitions I will lose my files. I'd simply like to get back to where I was even if it does show as not activated It was previously activated and I have a product key from my windows 7 and still have my files, pics, bookmark and email profiles.​

:)

mikewendland1, Aug 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 1, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 installation

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation

1. Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - installation

2. Can not install Microsoft Office - Word from the Microsoft Store despite of being in an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not install Microsoft Office - Word from the Microsoft Store despite of being in an...: The microsoft store asks me to buy word, but I am in an organization which has access to office 365. I can use word on my tablet with the same account. submitted by /u/oSumAtrIX [link] [comments]...
  3. I don’t have the Microsoft Store installed?

I don’t have the Microsoft Store installed?: I recently had my first PC built for me and I am now trying to install certain apps from the Microsoft store but come to realize it is not installed on my windows. I have spent a few hours looking around to find solutions but none seem to work. What I have tried (None have...
  4. Windows 10 Cloud download vs Installation Media via USB??? Which is most effective at at...

Windows 10 Cloud download vs Installation Media via USB??? Which is most effective at at...: I have a USB ready, but I don't mind using cloud download for a few hours. Which is most secure at getting rid of very advanced malware??? The kind that would stay on even through a Fresh Reset, if you know what I mean. submitted by /u/Quantum-Anon [link] [comments]...
  5. Install the Junk Email Reporting add-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Install the Junk Email Reporting add-in: I'm confused when installing the Microsoft "Junk Email Reporting add-in" in Outlook 2013 On the page at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/junk-email-reporting-add-in-for-microsoft-outlook?view=o365-worldwide under the section...
  6. Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and...

Repetitive Blue Screens after installing new RAM, even after reinstalling windows, and...: So i got two new sticks of 4gb to compliment my already existing 4gb (4x4gb). The four of them are Adata AD4U2400J4G17-s (ddr4). I plugged them in and the next day i get my first bsod. one hour later another one, and then they became more frequent, to the point where my...
  7. Error 0x8007000d when installing cumulative update KB4566782

Error 0x8007000d when installing cumulative update KB4566782: I can't install this update. When the installation reaches 100%, this error comes out. The same problem was with the cumulative update KB4568831. submitted by /u/leonenko228 [link] [comments]...
  8. Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect

Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect: Gave my brother my old gaming pc. Took out my ssd and gave him a blank one and installed windows 10 with a usb drive. All worked fine but now it can’t connect to any internet using WiFi or Ethernet cable submitted by /u/Chiefkief114 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Doesn't Let's Me Install Video Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Doesn't Let's Me Install Video Driver.: A week before I had the problem of windows crashing which let me to re-install windows on my laptop. Today when i installed Win 10 Home Single Language v1809 its literally crashes while installing GPU Drivers. I have dual GPU in My Laptop one is Intel Integrated and the other...
  10. Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu.

Attempting to install Windows via USB on Ubuntu.: Recently, I downloaded Ubuntu after Windows failed on my laptop and I didn’t and still don’t have access to a bootable CD whilst I’m away from home, luckily I had a bootable Ubuntu usb drive, so I used that to install it temporarily until I could install Win again. I’ve since...