Windows 10: Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10. I was having various problems with copying files, retrieving bookmarks, and recovering email.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikewendland1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installation

I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10. I was having various problems with copying files, retrieving bookmarks, and recovering email. Checked many forums and finally figured out most of the problems. One microsoft response was to reinstall windows 10, and once I did that it showed as not activated. The microsoft response to that was to install windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 10 again. This was a huge mistake. I should have known that my current MB would not work with windows 7 and that was a real pain to work around. Since then I can't get windows 10 to reinstall and believe I may have lost my files. When I use the ISO file from the media creation tool on a thumbdrive it won't let me past the custom install page showing drive partitions as unavailable. I'm afraid if I clean those partitions I will lose my files. I'd simply like to get back to where I was even if it does show as not activated It was previously activated and I have a product key from my windows 7 and still have my files, pics, bookmark and email profiles.​

:)

mikewendland1, Aug 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 1, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 installation

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installation

1. Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - installation

2. How do you delete Spyware.HPTouchpointAnalytics from files that were already installed in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you delete Spyware.HPTouchpointAnalytics from files that were already installed in...: There are quite a few answers to this question but those answers are pretty old now. HPTouchpointAnalytics or TouchpointAnalytics is no longer on the list of services. I can't find it anywhere.HP ProBook 445 14 inch G9 Notebook PCWIndows 11Any help will be greatly...
  3. How do you delete Spyware.HPTouchpointAnalytics from files that were already installed in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you delete Spyware.HPTouchpointAnalytics from files that were already installed in...: There are quite a few answers to this question but those answers are pretty old now. HPTouchpointAnalytics or TouchpointAnalytics is no longer on the list of services. I can't find it anywhere.HP ProBook 445 14 inch G9 Notebook PCWIndows 11Any help will be greatly...
  4. How to activate windows after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows after installing windows 10: I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 but i do not know how to activate it because i cant buy a new computer or anything because i have no money, and i kept on searching for how to activate windows but nothing was found, any tips on how i can activate windows after...
  5. How to activate windows after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows after installing windows 10: I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 but i do not know how to activate it because i cant buy a new computer or anything because i have no money, and i kept on searching for how to activate windows but nothing was found, any tips on how i can activate windows after...
  6. How to activate windows after installing windows 10

7. I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.: I have recently faced some issues with the Phone Link app, then I uninstalled it, now when I am trying to install it back, it is no more on Store. How to install it back?...
  8. I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.

I am trying to install Phone link from Microsoft Store, but that app is missing.: I have recently faced some issues with the Phone Link app, then I uninstalled it, now when I am trying to install it back, it is no more on Store. How to install it back?...
  9. Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...: Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This will take a while." After restarting it and it's almost 24 hours since it said that...please help, what do I do...
  10. Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...

Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This...: Hi there, My laptop has been stuck on "installing windows 88% Do not turn off your PC.This will take a while." After restarting it and it's almost 24 hours since it said that...please help, what do I do...