Windows 10: Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10. I was having various problems with copying files, retrieving bookmarks, and recovering email.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikewendland1, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:37 PM.

1. Windows 10 installation

I recently built a new desktop and installed windows 10. I was having various problems with copying files, retrieving bookmarks, and recovering email. Checked many forums and finally figured out most of the problems. One microsoft response was to reinstall windows 10, and once I did that it showed as not activated. The microsoft response to that was to install windows 7 and then upgrade to windows 10 again. This was a huge mistake. I should have known that my current MB would not work with windows 7 and that was a real pain to work around. Since then I can't get windows 10 to reinstall and believe I may have lost my files. When I use the ISO file from the media creation tool on a thumbdrive it won't let me past the custom install page showing drive partitions as unavailable. I'm afraid if I clean those partitions I will lose my files. I'd simply like to get back to where I was even if it does show as not activated It was previously activated and I have a product key from my windows 7 and still have my files, pics, bookmark and email profiles.​

:)

mikewendland1, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:37 PM

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:38 PM
  3. Delta6326 Win User
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 installation

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

Thema:

Windows 10 installation

1. Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - installation

2. WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...: Today I decided to apply the July Cumulative updates. Configuration: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Windows Update configured with the Group Policy of "Configure Automatic Updates" set to "2 - Notify for download and auto install" (Registry settings for AUOptions reflect that - they...
  3. I was I installing windows 10 education.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I was I installing windows 10 education.: I was I installing windows 10 education. When it stops at this screen. After finishing up 90% of installation. Could someone tell me how to solve this problem.[ATTACH]...
  4. transfering my installation to an SSD

transfering my installation to an SSD: so I've been trying to transfer windows 10 to my new SSD (upgrading from hard drive), I tried macrium reflect to clone my drive however that kept giving me errors, all of the other cloning software I've seen says it costs money to clone my drive and the free versions only do...
  5. Windows 10 Fresh Install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Problem: My PC had an issue so i had to install a fresh W10. I created an NTFS boot disk since iso was 4.6GB and FAT32 was not supporting files bigger than 4Gb. I wanted to install an UEFI system so on BIOS i changed from Legacy OS to UEFI. I disabled secure boot. Enabled...
  6. Install windows notepad on Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install windows notepad on Windows 10 Pro: The windows notepad is not installed on my new Windows 10 Pro client. Using Windows Store to install it, it states you need minimum Windows 10 version 19541.0 or higher. I've updated my windows to the latest version by Windows Update -> Windows 10 Pro 19041.388. The...
  7. 2 installations of Windows 10 OEM on the same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 installations of Windows 10 OEM on the same PC: Can I install Windows 10 Home with the same OEM license key twice on the same PC, and use both installations in parallel e.g. one for financial operations and the second - for entertainment?...
  8. Xbox Beta Unable to install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Beta Unable to install: Hello, i have been looking forward to playing the xbox game pass games with my friends via the Xbox Beta Application on pc. I have been unable to install Xbox Beta due to a error Stating that i do not have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account. now i have...
  9. Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?: Cant install No Mans Sky from game pass, just gets stuck at 111mb and stops downloading.. literally done everything from resetting the store app to resetting cache to running trouble shooters.....
  10. How to transfer windows install

How to transfer windows install: I have a a Dell G3 3590 and I want to upgrade the boot SSD to a larger capacity. However cloning the existing drive over didn’t work, the machine gave error code 0xc000000e and then proceeded to not boot at all when I swapped back to the original drive. I am currently...