Windows 10: Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of...

Discus and support Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aparatis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aparatis, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of...

/u/aparatis, Jul 23, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of... [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of...

Delta6326, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of...

1. Windows 10 installations now ask "How do you plan to use this device?" with the options of... - Similar Threads - installations ask plan

2. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?": Hi,I have used many computers with Windows 10 professional and NEVER I have been in the following annoying situation, with the last new pc.Even though the default programs are all set, every short while when I launch a file I get the question like in figure. Even after...
  3. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?": Hi,I have used many computers with Windows 10 professional and NEVER I have been in the following annoying situation, with the last new pc.Even though the default programs are all set, every short while when I launch a file I get the question like in figure. Even after...
  4. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do you go to advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you go to advanced options: Alright, problem is my laptop screen just dies when i boot it up, like random pixels and lines, happened to me yesterday and after pressing power button so many times it showed me windows didnt load correctly and i got to advanced options where i shut my laptop down and it...
  6. What is Meet Now in Windows 10? How do you remove it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Meet Now in Windows 10? How do you remove it?: [ATTACH]If you recently noticed a video camera like an icon in the system tray, […] This article What is Meet Now in Windows 10? How do you remove it? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to undo a "do not ask me again" option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to undo a "do not ask me again" option?: My wired headphones aren't being detected when I try to plug them into my Windows 10 laptop. They were functioning completely fine with my laptop before I had selected the "do not ask me again" option in the pop-up that appears whenever a device is plugged in. How can I undo...
  8. How do you create a power plan toggle button

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a power plan toggle button: Is there some way to create a power plan toggle similar to the brightness toggle when clicking on the battery in the notification area? My googling doesn't seem to come up with anything. 29921
  9. How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do YOU clean install ? Do you follow a plan ?: Thanks for the kind words Ed *Smile At some point I would like to do a TUT, in particular for installing and using AOMEI. Not enough hours in the day at the moment.
  10. View Poll Results: How do you plan to use Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: How do you plan to use Windows 10?: How do you plan to use Windows 10? 2002