Windows 10: Windows 10 installed and now can't connect to wi-fi

Discus and support Windows 10 installed and now can't connect to wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help, it really has , got a laptop as a present with windows 8.1 which drove me nuts and was thinking to wait til I could afford Windows 7 - then last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by done my head in, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Windows 10 installed and now can't connect to wi-fi

Help, it really has , got a laptop as a present with windows 8.1 which drove me nuts and was thinking to wait til I could afford Windows 7 - then last week Windows 10 just took over in the middle of a load of open windows and installed itself. Now it won't connect to my wi-fi and says one or more protocols are missing, tried everything it offers to try to fix it but nothing works. Can someone, anyone, help me but in simple terms please, I DO NOT SPEAK GEEK and need to understand what things mean!

:)

done my head in, Mar 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 - No wi-fi

Can anyone help please?

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't connect to the world via wi-fi. Under networks it shows no wi-fi networks to connect to....the wi-fi is switched on, but the PC can't "see" any wi-fi networks....

Is it an an issue with Windows?

Is there a settign I need to adjust?

Is it the Wi-fi drivers?

Just switched the PC Back to Windows 8.1 and hey presto I can see the wi-fi icon, I can see wi-fi networks and YES I can connect to the wi-fi so it's not a PC issue.

i want to upgrade to Windows 10, but need help please?

Any ideas????

DuncanTown, Mar 14, 2016
  3. ray-547 Win User
    Can't connect Nokia Lumina 630 phone to home wi fi hub after software update to 8.1

I have recently installed update 8.1 on my Lumina 630 phone

The phone won't now connect to my home wi fi hub

I get error message ' Can't connect - your phone can't connect to wi fi network xxxxxxxxx'

I have tried deselcting reselecting my home wi fi without success

My phone still connects OK to public open wi fi networks

any ideas?

ray-547, Mar 14, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 installed and now can't connect to wi-fi

Do not post in Cap's and do not state the word Geek, since that is all you are going to find on a technical forum. Install the correct drivers for your laptop, if it is not working with the ones that Windows 10 installed.

bro67, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 installed and now can't connect to wi-fi

1. Windows 10 installed and now can't connect to wi-fi - Similar Threads - installed can't connect

2. Can't sign in to windows 10 and can't connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to windows 10 and can't connect to Wi-Fi: When i open up my laptop it says i need to sign in and it says again that i need an internet for this, so i tried to connect but i can't even connect to my wifi... how can i fix this? I can't use my laptop anymore pls help...
  3. Can't Connect to wi fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect to wi fi: Hey!Today i bought a new laptop asus rog strix g15 g513ic-hn002 and i tried setting up windows on it. When i reached the part when you're supposed to connect it to the internet there was no other option than an ethernet cable. And when i tried connecting after doing the setup...
  4. Can't Connect to wi fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect to wi fi: Hey!Today i bought a new laptop asus rog strix g15 g513ic-hn002 and i tried setting up windows on it. When i reached the part when you're supposed to connect it to the internet there was no other option than an ethernet cable. And when i tried connecting after doing the setup...
  5. Can't Connect to wi fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Can't connect to Wi-Fi: if it does it disconnects after few minutes It displays the message can't connect to this network . sometimes it even say This network is not secure. I have tried the following 1. Checking for updated drivers 2.Reseting the network *It connects to all other Wi...
  7. Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Can't connect to Wi-Fi: I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi and the laptop wasn't showing me any networks, saying that there is a problem. I ran the troubleshooter and the problem was: The IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. I followed some steps from...
  8. Can't connect to wi fi

Can't connect to wi fi: My computer detects the network and asks me for a password, but after trying to connect, it presents the error "Can't connect to this network" [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wi-fi/a5fd1cd9-8f22-4905-a00d-aaac0ffd67fe
  9. Windows 10 can't connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can't connect to Wi-Fi: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. I cannot get my Wi-Fi to connect or show any available Networks. I've gone into my settings Wi-Fi is on. When I do a troubleshoot it says I need to push a button or the function key to turn my Wi-Fi on. I manually turn my Wi-Fi on and...
  10. Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10

Can't connect to Wi Fi in Windows 10: I've had Windows 10 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop for a about a year, and suddenly I was dropped from my wireless Wi Fi connections. I've tried fixes in command prompt, resetting, uninstalling / installing network adapter, resetting router, resetting the network to name a few,...