Windows 10: Windows 10 installed Location

Discus and support Windows 10 installed Location in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I am going to install a new SSD on my laptop and I was thinking about changing the installation location of my Windows 10. When I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AbidMiraj, Mar 22, 2019.

1. AbidMiraj Win User

Windows 10 installed Location

Hi Everyone,

I am going to install a new SSD on my laptop and I was thinking about changing the installation location of my Windows 10. When I did purchase my laptop, I had it with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. But now, I am just wondering whether I can reinstall Windows 10 Home again on the SSD without having to buy a new copy. My main question is: Can I have the same activation code of this very Windows 10 home installed already on my pc?

Thank you!

:)

AbidMiraj, Mar 22, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 22, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installed Location - Similar Threads - installed Location

2. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  3. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.: Hi,My laptop has an issue so I decide to install a new windows 10. However, When I reach the 'Custom: Install Windows Only' stage where I have to allocate the drive here, There's no internal drive found and I couldn't add any drive or size here. Any one has any idea to solve...
  4. Windows 10 Installation issue due to unable to locate internal drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where do I find the install location of Microsoft apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find the install location of Microsoft apps?: I am trying to find the install location for microsoft apps so I can put a shortcut on an app bar like Rocketdock but I cannot find them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-install-location-of-microsoft/86af354f-9490-4f7a-aa69-46b24dbe1edc
  6. Where do I find the install location of Microsoft apps?

Where do I find the install location of Microsoft apps?: I am trying to find the install location for microsoft apps so I can put a shortcut on an app bar like Rocketdock but I cannot find them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-the-install-location-of-microsoft/86af354f-9490-4f7a-aa69-46b24dbe1edc
  7. Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location: My computer has been slowing down recently because so many things are getting written to my C: drive. When I built my computer I started with a 2TB HDD and that's what my OS is currently on, since then I've added a 8TB HDD then a 2TB SSD. I'm looking to do a clean reinstall...
  8. Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location

Windows 11 clean install and changing of OS location: My computer has been slowing down recently because so many things are getting written to my C: drive. When I built my computer I started with a 2TB HDD and that's what my OS is currently on, since then I've added a 8TB HDD then a 2TB SSD. I'm looking to do a clean reinstall...
  9. Windows Store stuck on "We'll install this app in a folder in this location:", how to fix?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store stuck on "We'll install this app in a folder in this location:", how to fix?: Hi,I've been trying to install the Minecraft Launcher for a while now, but every time I try, the install button is just greyed out. If I wait for around 5 minutes, it takes me to the "We'll install this app in a folder in this location:" screen, but the folder location...
  10. New Windows 11 Installation: USB location not available incorrect function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Installation: USB location not available incorrect function: Brand new laptop, Brand new Windows 11 Home Installation: I plug in an external drive that works fine on old laptop and I get an error that the "location is unavailable incorrect function." A different USB drive works fine on both old and new machines.Anyone?...