Windows 10: Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Then how about straight from the horses mouth!!!!! Again, you're assuming that active means that MS is spying on users and I don't think that's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

Again, you're assuming that active means that MS is spying on users and I don't think that's a correct interpretation. When 10 was activated MS was able to get a rough count on how many PC's had the OS installed. That's it.. it does not mean that any further monitoring is taking place. There is no way that you'll convince me that MS is doing any malicious spying on users and if you're truly concerned why use 10 in the first place?

No.. don't try to answer that one.. I'll drop out of this thread now.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 6, 2016

2. I might not pay the full price, but if I could find a cheap media and license for whatever version of Windows I desired, I'd get it. I just bought a Windows 8 Pro x64 DVD and Activation Key for $60.00. That $60.00 will go far in three ways:

(a) Allow me to activate Windows 8 Pro x64 on my HP xw8200 workstation right now.
    (b) Allow me to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro x64 on a new workstation that is compatible
    (c) Eventually upgrade to Windows 10 Pro when I have no other choice down the road.

I'd say money well spent.
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Jan 7, 2016
  3. Winuser Win User
    I agree with Jeff. I would have paid for Windows 10 if it hadn't been free. Sorry no need for any land at the moment. *Smile

Winuser, Jan 7, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

$60.00 is a very good price. *Smile

Winuser, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Sooner or later I would like to see a statistic on how many W-10 were sold.
    People get a lot picker when they have to pay for something.

Layback Bear, Jan 10, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Sales of new PC's that have 10 on it or sales of Win10 as a stand a lone OS??

BunnyJ, Jan 10, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    It's getting harder to find new computers that don't come with 10 preinstalled so that wouldn't prove that the buyer prefers 10. The number of sales of the OS would be a better gauge of users that actually want 10.

Winuser, Jan 10, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

However a lot of preloads that used to have Windows 8 and Windows 7 were included in the total sales amounts for those respective operating systems, and we would never think to exclude those. I think the bogey here is the free upgrades being thrown in. Someone buying a new system with Windows 10, might also choose a refurbished system with Windows 7 if that is also an attractive option.

Did that make sense? I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't know if it came out right ... lol. I think Windows 10 preloads on new systems should be included basically.

Jody Thornton, Jan 10, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    Out of all those preloads how many would have been upgraded to 10 if the user had to pay the full upgrade price? MS has stacked the deck with the free upgrade so we'll never know the real number.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs - Similar Threads - Installed 164 Million

2. Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded

in Windows 10 News
    Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded: Windows 10, the most used desktop operating system, runs out of support in October 2025. Estimates see it installed on a billion devices. A report by Canalys Research claims that at least 240 million of devices that run Windows 10 can't be upgraded to Windows 11 or future...
  3. Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide: Microsoft today announced that it has successfully disrupted the botnet network of the Necurs malware, which has infected more than 9 million computers globally, and also hijacked the majority of its infrastructure. The latest botnet takedown was the result of a coordinated...
  4. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  5. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Support
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  6. As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs

in Windows 10 News
    As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs: Microsoft announced back in October that Windows 10 had surpassed 110 million installations worldwide, which for October was an impressive achievement. But that was over 3 months ago, and since 2015 is coming to a close, we thought now was probably a good time to check in on...
  7. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the software giant released the very first Windows 10 Technical Preview for testers. What’s more, millions of PCs are waiting right...
  8. Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone: According to Petri.com, Windows 10 is off to a pretty fast start. Apparently, although it’s only been officially available for just under two months, Windows 10 has been installed on over 100 million machines–meaning that it’s well on its way toward Microsoft’s goal of one...
  9. After 53 million installs, Windows 10 takes 4.95% of the market

in Windows 10 News
    After 53 million installs, Windows 10 takes 4.95% of the market: It has been a little bit less than three weeks since Microsoft released Windows 10 for consumers around the world. The OS, which is receiving positive reviews from across the web, is being adopted quickly despite there being a few teething issues upfront. According to our...
  10. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already: We already knew Windows 10 was going to be popular. So much so that Microsoft reportedly purchased as much as 40 Tbps of bandwidth from content delivery networks (CDNs). The company was already hitting 10Tbps on July 28, when the update was only available to Insiders. Now, it...