Windows 10: Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives

Discus and support Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good morning, I have a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard, with RAID enabled and 4 sata drives attached (two of them in raid1). Now I decided to buy a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zorinik, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives

Good morning,

I have a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard, with RAID enabled and 4 sata drives attached (two of them in raid1).

Now I decided to buy a NVMe SSD, and bouth a 1TB Western Digital Black SN750.

It gets correctly recognized by the bios and I was able to install Windows 10 on it.

But when I start it, it doesn't see ANY of the other drives (the UEFI sees them all correctly). Anywhere, neither in explorer nor in diskpart. This was already happening during the installation, where I was only able to see the NVMe drive.

The funny thing is that if I boot from the other main drive, it runs perfectly fine and I even see the nvme as a regular working drive.

How can it be possible? Searches on google didn't bring me to any results.

Thank you in advanse

submitted by /u/Zorinik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zorinik, Apr 7, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives

1. Windows 10 installed on NVMe doesn't see any other drives - Similar Threads - installed NVMe doesn't

2. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  3. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  4. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue installing windows on nvme drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue installing windows on nvme drive: submitted by /u/sessinnek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/km8hlz/issue_installing_windows_on_nvme_drive/
  6. Unable to install Windows 10 on NVMe drive on B550 MB

Unable to install Windows 10 on NVMe drive on B550 MB: I have had no problem in the past installing Windows 10 on SATA drive, but I am failing now to install it on a 500GB WD-Black SN750 NVMe drive installed on a Gigabyte B550 Aurus Master.In the MB BIOS, I disabled all the boot drive options other than WDS500G3XHC-00SJG0 (which,...
  7. Windows 10 Installation Process Doesn't Recognise Any Hard Drives

Windows 10 Installation Process Doesn't Recognise Any Hard Drives: I have a second hand Dell Precision T7600 with a previous Education version of Windows 10 installed that runs but has not been activated. I have bought a new licence of Win 10 Home 64-bit OEM and want to do a clean install. I have prepared the installation USB and set the...
  8. Windows 10 can't see other drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can't see other drives: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit onto its own dedicated SSD. In my PC there are three other SSDs: -A Windows 7 installation -A clone of the Windows 7 installation -A general storage drive, formatted as NTFS In BIOS I can see all three of the above...
  9. Windows 10 pro doesn't see auxillary drive.

Windows 10 pro doesn't see auxillary drive.: Windows 10 pro doesn't see auxillary drive. Windows 10 home on separate drive does see the aux drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-doesnt-see-auxillary-drive/1d455e88-3921-44bc-938a-1a88fc9e0668
  10. Windows 10 doesn't see some Hard Drives

Windows 10 doesn't see some Hard Drives: OK Windows sometimes doesn't see some hard drives. I can take a HDD from another computer that is running windows 10. Put it in another computer and it will not pick it up. The drives are seen in the bios on all computers. I sometimes can fix it by making them 2nd boot...