Windows 10: Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

Discus and support Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I turned my laptop on, windows finished installing updates which is fine, but since installing the updates, my laptop overheats and shuts off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shafe89, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

When I turned my laptop on, windows finished installing updates which is fine, but since installing the updates, my laptop overheats and shuts off. Have the power profile set to battery life, and resources usage is low. To roll out hardware issues, I booted into Linux and did some stress test and Laptop never overheated or shut off, stayed on the whole time I did the stress testing.

submitted by /u/Shafe89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shafe89, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 3, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

1. Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats? - Similar Threads - installed updates laptop

2. My laptop is heating too much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is heating too much: Hi friends. My laptop is heating up and I feel the laptop is getting hot. Some times the core temp gives me a value of 96 Celsius and at the other time its between 50 and 80. For this should I use a cooling pad or are there any other upgrades to do and give me a quick reply...
  3. My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is heating significantly in sleep mdoe: I bought hp pavilion gaming laptop (ryzen 4600H model) some days back. I am noticing it is heating a lot when it is in sleep mode. It is way too much than a normal laptop heating while sleep and draining battery. I have other dell laptop and it does not heat this much. And...
  4. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  5. My windows 10 failed to install some updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 failed to install some updates.: Is there a way to do that now? My PC won't allow me to do it now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-failed-to-install-some-updates/48239757-e40f-45f9-a746-8adf0f0b140e
  6. Some of my installed programs now are in japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of my installed programs now are in japanese: Hello, recently i changed this option in Region options, I changed it because it was needed for the instal of a Japanese game, after doing it I changed it bad to my normal Region but I found Support Assistant has Japanese things in the name, I want to change it back to normal...
  7. Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".: I'm gaming on my Dell XPS 9550 and it's not even getting past 80 C before it goes to sleep because of "overheating". Recently it has also been a lot hotter doing tasks it used to never get that hot doing. Nothing has changed so I can't think what's causing it. I can hear...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive OVER HEATING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Destroyed My Hard Drive OVER HEATING: please i need a link to windows 10 1803 for a usb drive first my dvd cd burner would not work i updated the driver the computer crashed the info said a hardware change caused the crash .then i got a new drive and installed 1809 now my pc over heating crashing what did you...
  9. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....
  10. Windows 10 PC's over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC's over heating: Hey guys, new to Windows 10 and also the forums site. So I'm a technology assistant at a high school. I've encountered some weird things using windows 10 other than what we used previously Windows 7. I preformed updating all of the Staffs computers to upgrade from Windows 7...