Windows 10: Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

Discus and support Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I turned my laptop on, windows finished installing updates which is fine, but since installing the updates, my laptop overheats and shuts off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shafe89, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

When I turned my laptop on, windows finished installing updates which is fine, but since installing the updates, my laptop overheats and shuts off. Have the power profile set to battery life, and resources usage is low. To roll out hardware issues, I booted into Linux and did some stress test and Laptop never overheated or shut off, stayed on the whole time I did the stress testing.

submitted by /u/Shafe89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shafe89, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 3, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats?

1. Windows 10 installed some updates and now my laptop over heats? - Similar Threads - installed updates laptop

2. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  3. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  4. How to stop laptop from over heating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  5. How to stop laptop from over heating

How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  6. Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.: Can you please give a feature in new OS Windows 11 that will give a notification after the battery is charged at a specific percentage, that percentage metric must be user-customizable? It can help in avoiding battery damage due to overcharging of battery....
  7. Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.

Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.: Can you please give a feature in new OS Windows 11 that will give a notification after the battery is charged at a specific percentage, that percentage metric must be user-customizable? It can help in avoiding battery damage due to overcharging of battery....
  8. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  9. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....
  10. Windows 10 PC's over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC's over heating: Hey guys, new to Windows 10 and also the forums site. So I'm a technology assistant at a high school. I've encountered some weird things using windows 10 other than what we used previously Windows 7. I preformed updating all of the Staffs computers to upgrade from Windows 7...