Windows 10: Windows 10 Installer broke

Discus and support Windows 10 Installer broke in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some odd reason, my windows uninstaller is broke. I've had this before, and no way to fix it, so ended up formatting my drive and re-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pka4916, Aug 6, 2018.

1. pka4916 Win User

Windows 10 Installer broke

For some odd reason, my windows uninstaller is broke.
    I've had this before, and no way to fix it, so ended up formatting my drive and re-installed everything.

Now again... it's broke, and wonder if there is a way to fix it properly?
    1. uninstall programs just hangs.
    2. MS C++ Libraries in the Add/remove programs I cannot do Repair.. it just sits there. (that normally just runs, so I could test if the wininstaller was shot or not)

doing an SFC doesn't help at all, so I'm at a loss.
    Spent days on trying to repair it, and finally gave up and reformatted the drive.

anyone else have any suggestions for this?

Thank you

:)

pka4916, Aug 6, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 6, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installer broke - Similar Threads - Installer broke

2. FYI ... Citrix Workstation 2311 installed on 2/8/2024 broke Windows Search input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FYI ... Citrix Workstation 2311 installed on 2/8/2024 broke Windows Search input: Experienced multiple issues with keyboard input to Windows Search box. No typing and double typing.I used https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to isolate the cause to Citrix Worksate Advanced...
  3. FYI ... Citrix Workstation 2311 installed on 2/8/2024 broke Windows Search input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FYI ... Citrix Workstation 2311 installed on 2/8/2024 broke Windows Search input: Experienced multiple issues with keyboard input to Windows Search box. No typing and double typing.I used https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to isolate the cause to Citrix Worksate Advanced...
  4. Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update: I've been using wireless headphones for a month and have not experienced any issues connecting via Bluetooth from my laptop. One day I was listening to music with my headphones Sony WH-CH520 when suddenly I heard a lag or crash I can't explain it very well and my headphones...
  5. Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update

Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update: I've been using wireless headphones for a month and have not experienced any issues connecting via Bluetooth from my laptop. One day I was listening to music with my headphones Sony WH-CH520 when suddenly I heard a lag or crash I can't explain it very well and my headphones...
  6. Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive

Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive: My long story is too long; I could share it to anyone interested. This is the short story and it's still long: My configuration is a system drive and applications on C: an SSD and a RAID 1 drive 2 WD 6 TB drives on D: for my data. While trying to upgrade the OS on the system...
  7. Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive: My long story is too long; I could share it to anyone interested. This is the short story and it's still long: My configuration is a system drive and applications on C: an SSD and a RAID 1 drive 2 WD 6 TB drives on D: for my data. While trying to upgrade the OS on the system...
  8. Recent New Install of Windows 10 Home broke my RAID drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I installed the phonelink for IOS and it worked all right but it broke connecting my phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed the phonelink for IOS and it worked all right but it broke connecting my phone.: Windows 11, 2023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029263 and iphone 14 with latest ios 16.6. This happened twice. I got in the car the an error message popped that it could not connect to the iphone. I had to go through deleting the...
  10. I installed the phonelink for IOS and it worked all right but it broke connecting my phone.

I installed the phonelink for IOS and it worked all right but it broke connecting my phone.: Windows 11, 2023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029263 and iphone 14 with latest ios 16.6. This happened twice. I got in the car the an error message popped that it could not connect to the iphone. I had to go through deleting the...