Windows 10: Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen)

Discus and support Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install windows 10 from the media creation tool and every time i try to boot it, the blue windows logo pops up and then it either does a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonavanPoulin, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen)

I am trying to install windows 10 from the media creation tool and every time i try to boot it, the blue windows logo pops up and then it either does a bsod or a black screen that restarts my system. I have tried to erase and re download the media creation tool but it hasn’t changed a thing.

My specs:

Amd ryzen 3 3200g

Amd xfx rx 570

Rog b450-f gaming

evga 500br

It’s a custom build

:)

DonavanPoulin, Dec 19, 2019

2. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Jan 6, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I dont think that Minidump is going to be of help as all the dates are too far in the past to be useful. Go to Event Viewer/ Windows Logs / then check Application for errors and and Windows for error that happen just before the time of BSOD, post screen shots of the errors listed! Thank you and welcome to TPU!*I Love TPU :lovetpu:

EDIT: Curious to what GPU's you tested in said PC that are working right now with no issues?

DRDNA, Jan 6, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen)

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

SO the Logs showed no errors at all during them times? They will be listed with a RED X Circle?????

Well if you just installed Windows 7 then make sure you have all your mobo drivers (chipset and all that stuff) from the mono vendor website, Then make sure you have your .net installed and updated as well as Direct X...THEN INSTALL THE AMD CATS!

DRDNA, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen)

1. Windows 10 installer crashes. (Bsod and black screen) - Similar Threads - installer crashes Bsod

2. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  3. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  4. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?: When playing games I am getting random black screen crashes where the computer becomes unresponsive, but the sound continues to work. The screen stays black until I manually restart the computer. I've only managed to get a single dump file from waiting for the PC to restart...
  6. Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?: When playing games I am getting random black screen crashes where the computer becomes unresponsive, but the sound continues to work. The screen stays black until I manually restart the computer. I've only managed to get a single dump file from waiting for the PC to restart...
  7. Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10

Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10: So since I bought my pc a year ago I encounter some weird issue: My PC crashes with a blackscreen of Death, sometimes I hear Audio until I press the power button for one second Like I wanted to normally shut down the system and it seems to shut down. It most likely happens in...
  8. Black screen Windows 10 install

Black screen Windows 10 install: I installed Windows 10 via dvd media that I downloaded from Microsoft yesterday. In the middle of the installation, the screen went black, but the install was continuing as I was able to still use my keyboard and mouse to navigate. It wasn’t until after I was done that I...
  9. Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD): My monitor turned black and became unresponsive. My PC created a LiveKernelReport but I do not know how to interpret it. Appreciate if someone can point out the problem so that I can fix it. [IMG]...
  10. Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black

Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black: Pc just turns off and restarts when i'm in the middle of something. So far i think it's only happened when i play a game. My videocard is the radeon hd 7850, and i'm on the newest catalyst drivers. In eventviewer i see a event for usermodepowerservice happening followed by a...