Windows 10: Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on an HP 7800p SFF, however the installer assures me that the drive I am trying to install to cannot be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Idontwantanaccount, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on an HP 7800p SFF, however the installer assures me that the drive I am trying to install to cannot be used displaying the following error:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

• Nothing was changed prior to the reinstall attempt
    • Other OSs including Windows 7 install on the drive without issue
    • CMOS reset does not help
    • The installer cannot run the driver setup from the HP website complaining that the driver is not compatible with Windows 10 (The driver installed fine on the previous Windows 10 installation)
    • Changing drives does not help
    • Using a different Windows 10 installation medium does not help

Trying to do a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade is not an option as I don't have the product key and the installer does not have an option to skip activation and use the Digital Licence after upgrading.

What else can be done to get the system to reinstall?

:)

Idontwantanaccount, Sep 9, 2018
  2. little cat, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

1. Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive - Similar Threads - Installer does hard

2. Windows 10 using an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 using an external hard drive: I have tried to back up my microsoft surface pro using both a Western Digital Elements 2TB and a Seagate 2TB external hard drive both HDD with usb 3.0. Same problem occurs with both drives that a dialogue message comes up saying the Local Disk does not have enough room to...
  3. Windows 10 using an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 using an external hard drive: I have tried to back up my microsoft surface pro using both a Western Digital Elements 2TB and a Seagate 2TB external hard drive both HDD with usb 3.0. Same problem occurs with both drives that a dialogue message comes up saying the Local Disk does not have enough room to...
  4. Windows 10 using an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. use hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use hard drive: Can I have a tip about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-hard-drive/4f08d628-fcab-48df-bb26-6d95ba6925b2
  6. Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 on a separate hard drive for use on a different computer.: I'm refurbishing an oldish HP mini PC for my daughter to use. I've already made the media creation tool and now, I want to install windows 10 pro on the hard drive that is going in the HP using my work computer. Reason being; I know it will need to download a ton of updates...
  7. Can I install Windows 10 using an external hard drive?

Can I install Windows 10 using an external hard drive?: Hello I wanted to set up my computer again and wanted to ask if this is only possible with a USB stick and a CD or if it also works with an external hard disk. Kann ich Windows 10 über eine externe Festplatte installieren?
  8. Installing Windows 10 on a used PC with formatted hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a used PC with formatted hard drive: Hello, everyone. This question is bugging me a lot lately. I recently bought a used Dell XPS and it came with Windows 10. I used it for some time but then felt that the Windows was cracked. I formatted my SSD and asked my friend to download the Dell OS Recovery tool on his...
  9. Installing Windows 10 on a hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a hard drive: I had Windows 10 on my old hard drive. Over a period of time, someone suggested switching to Linux, as there were some virus problems. I did, and everything was done for less than 6 months. Suddenly, my Windows started acting crazy and crashed. I had my Linux and continued to...
  10. Used Hard Drive Space does not match

Used Hard Drive Space does not match: my c: drive says I've used 192G... when I select all folders and click properties its says I've used 80.1 G. How do I fix? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...