Windows 10: Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on an HP 7800p SFF, however the installer assures me that the drive I am trying to install to cannot be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Idontwantanaccount, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Idontwantanaccount Win User

Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on an HP 7800p SFF, however the installer assures me that the drive I am trying to install to cannot be used displaying the following error:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

• Nothing was changed prior to the reinstall attempt
    • Other OSs including Windows 7 install on the drive without issue
    • CMOS reset does not help
    • The installer cannot run the driver setup from the HP website complaining that the driver is not compatible with Windows 10 (The driver installed fine on the previous Windows 10 installation)
    • Changing drives does not help
    • Using a different Windows 10 installation medium does not help

Trying to do a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade is not an option as I don't have the product key and the installer does not have an option to skip activation and use the Digital Licence after upgrading.

What else can be done to get the system to reinstall?

:)

Idontwantanaccount, Sep 9, 2018
  2. little cat Win User
    little cat, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 9, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installer does not use hard drive - Similar Threads - Installer does hard

2. Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive: Hello, so I recently had my hard drive in my laptop (Dell inspiron 17-7778) go out on me and I acquired a brand new one yet i never was able to get windows 10 backed up on to a USB, so i cannot acces my computer bast the boot up menu because of the damaged hard drive, and of...
  3. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Greetings Sir, I have an old pc (7 years) and plan on replacing the hard drive with a new WD Black. I want to save my present drive and use it as a slave. I do not want to mirror my present drive over. Instead, I would like to start fresh on the new drive and pick and...
  4. windows 10 install on portable hard drive

windows 10 install on portable hard drive: Is there a way that I could download a version of windows 10 and install it on my portable hard drive as a trial or test before I buy the OS and find out my PC cannot run it or something weird like that happens? i know that you can put the real version on a portable HDD, but...
  5. Viruses and Used Hard Drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses and Used Hard Drives: Is it possible for a malware/virus/whatever bad software to be permanently part of a hard drive even after a full format/full erasure, or does the erasing/formatting process completely wipe any trace of the virus on the hard drive? my father's computer suffered a short, and...
  6. use a hard drive with xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use a hard drive with xbox: Hi to all again,,What I would like to know is possible to connect my xbox to a hard drive that is connected to the xbox, to copy the game onto the hard drive and run the game from that instead of having to put the dvd in the xbox every time I want to play it. I have already...
  7. Windows 10 upgrades using external hard drive

Windows 10 upgrades using external hard drive: I am unable to use the latest upgrades due to lack of storage. My SD drive won't accept the new upgrades. Can I use the Seagate - Expansion 1TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive to accept the new upgrades? 97202
  8. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...
  9. Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?

Use Hard Drive on hot swap as installation disk. Possible?: Hi, My Flash Drive's missing so I've thought about this idea. I have a spare HDD that I connect to an external (which emulates a flash drive. Every time I remove the HDD from it I make sure it is removed safely from my PC just like we do with a flash drive). I am...
  10. Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?: Hello, Relatively new to Windows 10. Why does Windows 10 partition the hard drive into a C and D drive? As purchased, my Windows 10 machine has split my 2TB drive split into C and D. The C drive is much smaller than the D drive (At work otherwise I would supply the...