Windows 10: Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working!

Discus and support Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Recently, I wanted to have Ubuntu Linux on my Computer and Windows 10, so I could switch between them, while installing Ubuntu Linux I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoreySemmens, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working!

Hello!

Recently, I wanted to have Ubuntu Linux on my Computer and Windows 10, so I could switch between them, while installing Ubuntu Linux I accidently removed Windows 10. I was able to get Windows 10 onto my MacBook Air and created a Bootable Windows USB using the Windows Media Creation Tool, and everything went well, I booted the USB onto my computer but, it was just stuck on the boot screen where the Windows 10 Logo and the loading circle was supposed to be but... There was the Windows 10 Logo but no loading circle, I left it on over night to see if it would do anything but it didn't.

I booted the USB on my MacBook and it worked as it was supposed to. Is my computer broke?

I have a BIOS based thing btw!

:)

CoreySemmens, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 7, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working!

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working!

1. Windows 10 Installer On USB Not Working! - Similar Threads - Installer USB Working

2. Windows 10 install from USB not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install from USB not working: Hi all,I tried freshly installing Windows 10 from a DVD and from a usb drive, both created using the Media Creation Tool. The result is always the same:After a little while, I will see the windows logo in the middle of the screen, but a second later, before I can be happy...
  3. Windows 10 install from USB not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install from USB not working: Hi all,I tried freshly installing Windows 10 from a DVD and from a usb drive, both created using the Media Creation Tool. The result is always the same:After a little while, I will see the windows logo in the middle of the screen, but a second later, before I can be happy...
  4. Windows 10 install from USB not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 install from USB not working

Windows 10 install from USB not working: So I do not have access to my desktop of my PC, so I used media creation tool and created a USB boot drive, I need to reinstall windows but when I click custom instal it say,” we couldn’t find any drives. To get a storage driver, click load driver” I did this but then it says...
  6. Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working: Just finished building my PC, I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk II Mobo. I went to install windows 10 from a flash drive, set the flash drive as boot priority, all PC parts working fine and BIOS page is fine. I boot up the PC again to install windows 10 and then THESE screens...
  7. Windows 10 installation from usb isn't working

Windows 10 installation from usb isn't working: I have a home made pc that had a HDD with windows on it. I wanted to switch to a SSD so it was faster, tried to do a clean instal only the new SSD in it the bios is set as it's was with the HDD instal. So I boot the usb with windows on it. Follow the steps until it shuts...
  8. Windows install usb not working

Windows install usb not working: I built a new system and am trying to install windows, i downloaded the iso on Linux and tryed the media creation tool to make an iso. Ive used Ventoy and etcher and rufus to make the usb. Both rufus and etcher gets stuck on the windows logo while Ventoy gets stuck on the...
  9. USB Installation not working

USB Installation not working: Anyone know why I can't install windows, I just bought an SSD and was planning to put a fresh install of Windows on it so I created a drive but it only boots to a Windows logo then reboots over and over, I've tried different usbs different Isos but I can't seem to figure it...
  10. Windows 10 installation usb not working on my laptop

Windows 10 installation usb not working on my laptop: Since Microsoft announced that windows 7 is ending support soon I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 on a clean installation. So I went to grab my USB flash drive and use the media creation tool to make a bootable USB flash drive. when I booted from the USB flash drive it was...