Windows 10: Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.

Discus and support Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New pc build, trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Created installer usb using the tool on MS website. USB was formatted GPT FAT32, 16gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nor00, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Nor00 Win User

Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo.

New pc build, trying to do a clean install of windows 10.

Created installer usb using the tool on MS website. USB was formatted GPT FAT32, 16gb capacity.

Upon booting to bios menu the usb drive is seen - showing 2 partitions, one labelled UEFI, one not.

Trying to boot to either one just hangs at widows logo, no spinning dots.

Tried remaking installer usb 3 times. Tried all usb ports available. Tried re-seating ram and flashing CMOS.

MB: B550 Aorus Pro.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x

RAM: G.Skill DDR4-3600 8GBx2

No peripherals connected.

Settings in bios menu are:

CSM support: enabled. Tried Disabled, no effect.

Storage Option Boot Control: UEFI Only. Tried Legacy Only and Disabled, no effect.

Other PCI Device Priority: UEFI Only. Tried Legacy Only and Disabled, no effect.

LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: disabled.

Fast Boot: Disabled.

Security Option: Setup Other option is System, tried that to no change.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Nor00, Mar 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Installer usb hanging at logo. - Similar Threads - Installer usb hanging

2. Windows hangs on Boot logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows hangs on Boot logo: Hi, I have a FUJITSU SH760. Recently I decided to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. However, when I tried to do so, the PC restarts and then hangs at the Windows 10 boot logo. I did things multiple times twice from merely upgrading and 5 times on a clean install. I tried many...
  3. New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup: I reinstalled Windows10 from scratch yesterday (this is the 5th time this year). It installed fine. But on a cold startup it will get stuck at the black screen with the Blue Windows logo and no spinner. This happens about 50% of the time. If I reset the computer sometimes I...
  4. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo: Hi, I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it. I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I tried installing it on my new computer. I opened my BIOS change it so it will boot from the USB, and then "saved & exit"...
  5. Problems with Windows 10 USB install hanging during install process

Problems with Windows 10 USB install hanging during install process: Trying to install Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Followed the steps to create a USB install drive and it creates properly per the MCT... The machine is a 8GB with 480 SSD new drive, when Booted I get the MSFT logo for a few seconds then the turning wheel of dots...
  6. Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo

Windows 10 installation usb freeze's at windows logo: Hello When trying to set-up a new PC, me and a friend encountered a rather annoying issue. We created a bootable usb using the microsoft media creation tool. We did not receive any warnings or errors so we assume the creation was sucesfull. Now when trying to boot over...
  7. WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo

WIndows 10 Clean Install Hangs at Blue Windows Logo: Hi. I would reply to one or more of the numerous existing discussions about this, but they've been locked. I ran into the same situation, and finally resolved it with a specific BIOS setting. I wanted to document that in a public location in case anyone else runs into the...
  8. Windows 10 installation hangs on the blue logo. All usb peripherals turns off.

Windows 10 installation hangs on the blue logo. All usb peripherals turns off.: So i built a new computer and it went pretty straight forward.. Until i came to install windows 10 to the ssd. I made a previous bootable usb flash drive from MCT and i have used this before on other computers and they worked fine. But using it on my new custom built...
  9. Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo: Hi! I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it. At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and tried to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The installation failed saying: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...
  10. Windows 10 Installation hangs on Windows logo

Windows 10 Installation hangs on Windows logo: I made a bootable USB via rufus. Restarted my PC, went into Boot Options and Booted via my bootable USB, pressed a key to boot via USB and the Windows Logo appears and then nothing happens, stays like that forever. Click on the attachment and you can see the logo and...