Windows 10: Windows 10 installer will not accept my account

Discus and support Windows 10 installer will not accept my account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I am trying to install Windows 10 but on the online account setup step, when I try to give it my Microsoft account email it says "that doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jake108, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Jake108 Win User

Windows 10 installer will not accept my account

Hello

I am trying to install Windows 10 but on the online account setup step, when I try to give it my Microsoft account email it says "that doesn't look like a work or school email address". But I've used this email to install win10 on two other desktops and my laptop. It is also the account I'm posting this from right now.

Why is it saying that this email is invalid? It's a perfectly valid account and the one I usedaily.

:)

Jake108, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 installer will not accept my account

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installer will not accept my account

1. Windows 10 installer will not accept my account - Similar Threads - installer accept account

2. windows 11 will not accept my password for my gmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 will not accept my password for my gmail account: Following instructions from a community post in regard to windows 11 not accepting my gmail password in mail setup already in use on 3 other devices? I cannot copy and paste get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* remove-appxpackage as the next to the last step...
  3. windows 11 will not accept my password for my gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 will not accept my password for my gmail account: Following instructions from a community post in regard to windows 11 not accepting my gmail password in mail setup already in use on 3 other devices? I cannot copy and paste get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* remove-appxpackage as the next to the last step...
  4. Windows 10 will not accept my password for login in to windows with my hotmail account ?...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not accept my password for login in to windows with my hotmail account ?...: Windows 10 will not accept my password for login into windows with my Hotmail account. Why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-accept-my-password-for-login/59fe8249-9473-45c4-9ccc-6355cce0df97
  5. Windows 10 will not accept my password for login in to windows with my hotmail account ?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not accept my password for login in to windows with my hotmail account ?...: Windows 10 will not accept my password for login into windows with my Hotmail account. Why does this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-accept-my-password-for-login/59fe8249-9473-45c4-9ccc-6355cce0df97
  6. Windows 10 will not accept my password for login in to windows with my hotmail account ?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows support not accepting my account email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows support not accepting my account email: I'm trying to figure out why my dock aux isn't recognized by my laptop so tried running the troubleshooter. When trying to log in to my windows account from the troubleshooting screen it errors with "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account". This is...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly does not accept my Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly does not accept my Microsoft account password: Hi there, I have a second laptop that my wife uses. I setup the automatic sign in one year ago so that she does not have to deal with password changes etc. Anyhow, today the computer prompted for a login password for the first time. I tried my current Microsoft account...
  9. Windows will not accept my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not accept my Microsoft account: I have used this same Microsoft account to set up three other computers, but it will not let me set this one up with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-not-accept-my-microsoft-account/8b7a9ffc-0511-4559-8939-457ec03fc382
  10. Windows 10 install not accepting my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install not accepting my product key: Hello, I had a 6TB disk with multiple Windows 10 VMs on them. Restoring the VMs and trying to start, then connecting to them failed I decided to just rebuild the VMs I originally created the VMs, and saved each machine's name and key in a file. Today...