Windows 10: Windows 10 installing on SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 installing on SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I successfully install Windows 10 on an SSD? I currently have Windows 7 however, I have purchased my own copy of Windows 10 to install. What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zippy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Zippy Win User

Windows 10 installing on SSD

How do I successfully install Windows 10 on an SSD? I currently have Windows 7 however, I have purchased my own copy of Windows 10 to install. What is the correct installation method for an SSD.

:)

Zippy, Sep 23, 2015

2. Installing Win 10 on SSD

I had a beta build that would not update. I also had my Win7 on a HDD, where 10 was on my SSD.

To install the final [garbage, not ready for release] ver of Win10, I had to wipe the SSD, install Win7, then upgrade to Win10.

Joe's Morgue, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Installing Win 10 on SSD

i currently have win 7 installed on my hard drive with all my programs running from same drive. I'd like to install win 10 to a SSD, do I need to move all my old programs and files to new SSD? or can I leave everything where it is?

vincentnichols, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Make sure AHCI is on in your BIOS, and boot to install media, let Windows take care of the rest. And I mean let Window, there are absolutely no "tweaks" necessary.

Cliff S, Sep 23, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    There's a minor subtlety.

When booting from the install medium, you may be presented with two choices: regular boot, and UEFI. (It's for the same disk, but for different installation modes.)

If you want to set up a UEFI system, boot from that option. (That's the one I've used on my UEFI-capable motherboards.)

bobkn, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 installing on SSD - Similar Threads - installing SSD

2. Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11': Hi all,I bought a brand new Windows 11 home Pro USB to install on a brand new SSD. However, it say 'The PC can't run Windows 11' after keying in the product key.I have flashed my MB with the latest Bios, enabled TPM, enable secure boot..... However, when I enabled secure...
  3. Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11': Hi all,I bought a brand new Windows 11 home Pro USB to install on a brand new SSD. However, it say 'The PC can't run Windows 11' after keying in the product key.I have flashed my MB with the latest Bios, enabled TPM, enable secure boot..... However, when I enabled secure...
  4. A Windows 10 Pro OS license how can be used as a VM installation from external ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Windows 10 Pro OS license how can be used as a VM installation from external ssd: Hello,I have A Windows 10 Pro OS license OEM key, how can be used as a VM installation in VMware Workstation Pro 17.x, or VirtualBox 7.x…?In other words if the VM is being used in a host PC Windows 10 Pro, from an external SSD drive, can used or transferred to a secondary...
  5. A Windows 10 Pro OS license how can be used as a VM installation from external ssd

A Windows 10 Pro OS license how can be used as a VM installation from external ssd: Hello,I have A Windows 10 Pro OS license OEM key, how can be used as a VM installation in VMware Workstation Pro 17.x, or VirtualBox 7.x…?In other words if the VM is being used in a host PC Windows 10 Pro, from an external SSD drive, can used or transferred to a secondary...
  6. A Windows 10 Pro OS license how can be used as a VM installation from external ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long: Hello! First a little bit of context :I was playing cs2 and my Pc freezed. I tried to recover it but had to make a force restart.Due to this I got the infamous recovery screen the repair bucle and couldn't make my pc enter windows .So I decided to reinstall windows from...
  8. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long: Hello! First a little bit of context :I was playing cs2 and my Pc freezed. I tried to recover it but had to make a force restart.Due to this I got the infamous recovery screen the repair bucle and couldn't make my pc enter windows .So I decided to reinstall windows from...
  9. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Cannot format SSD to fresh install windows.

Cannot format SSD to fresh install windows.: I have tried using diskpart to clear the write protection on the drive as I was getting the error code saying We couldn’t format the selected partition 0x80042428 however this was not effective. I have also tried formatting the drive through disk part, it will appear...