Windows 10: Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C:

Discus and support Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C: in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Finally switched from 7 to 10. Still finding out stuff and making tweaks to it. I have three HDD's and one M.2 SSD. I installed 10 to the SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarryD, Jan 4, 2020.

1. HarryD Win User

Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C:

Finally switched from 7 to 10. Still finding out stuff and making tweaks to it.

I have three HDD's and one M.2 SSD. I installed 10 to the SSD and found out that part of the install went to the F drive.
    I had to physically unplug D, E and F for 10 to install completely to the C drive.

Bug with Windows 10 or what?

:)

HarryD, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C:

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C:

1. Windows 10 installing to other drive beside C: - Similar Threads - installing drive beside

2. Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.: I prefer to install Windows on a device other than the C: drive: to do this, I do some steps that complicate the installation. But this is not the main thing, the main thing is that I get the goal.However, as I noticed, there are some hardcoded places in Windows that are tied...
  3. Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 when installed on a device other than drive C: has an error.: I prefer to install Windows on a device other than the C: drive: to do this, I do some steps that complicate the installation. But this is not the main thing, the main thing is that I get the goal.However, as I noticed, there are some hardcoded places in Windows that are tied...
  4. How to install Windows 10 multiboot with a drive letter other than C?

How to install Windows 10 multiboot with a drive letter other than C?: Since the prior thread asking about this is locked, I started a new thread. I have a multi-boot system, Win XP 32 bit, Win XP X64 64 bit, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, each installed on a different partition, with a different partition letter, none of them C:. The...
  5. Installing ms office 2019 pp installs on c drive but not on other driv

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Installing ms office 2019 pp installs on c drive but not on other driv: hi, when people install ms office 2k19 pp, it always installs in c drive. is there a way it installs on a drive which is not c drive. best regards. 157919
  6. Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't seem to create a pagefile.sys on any drive besides C:\: Here's a screenshot of my Virtual Memory options windows: https://i.imgur.com/4LISPUC.png You can see I have set 800-800 on C:\ and 2048-2048 on D:\ but that Windows is reporting only 800 MB under 'Total paging file size for all drives' I've verified by viewing the...
  7. How to install Windows 10 (multiboot) with a drive letter other than C?

How to install Windows 10 (multiboot) with a drive letter other than C?: About a year ago I created a multiboot system with Windows XP 32 bit, Windows Vista 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit installed on a single SSD. It worked fine throughout the year and I could easily boot either of the 3 OS through the Windows boot manager, because each OS was...
  8. Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:: I have a small SSD that has windows installed, and a larger SSD and HDD that I use to store the majority of my programs/files. When I try to install a game like Sea of Thieves or Zoo Tycoon on any other drive than my C drive, it fails during the install step. I have tried...
  9. Making explorer open windows beside each other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making explorer open windows beside each other: Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and...
  10. Install on another drive other than C?

Install on another drive other than C?: So i have the latest windows 10 version, but i cannot seem to install apps to any where except the C drive. And the option to change is disabled. See image attached. Why is it disabled? How do I get it to work ? I am on windows 10 pro if that matters. 33611