Windows 10: Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on

Discus and support Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've a Windows 10 installed on my MacBook Pro 16". If I have Bluetooth turned on and I'm sending my laptop to "Sleep" no matter if I do it by closing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vertus, Apr 14, 2023.

1. vertus Win User

Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on

I've a Windows 10 installed on my MacBook Pro 16". If I have Bluetooth turned on and I'm sending my laptop to "Sleep" no matter if I do it by closing the lid or pressing the buttion in the Start menu then the laptop wakes up again in a second.I have two devices connected via bluetooth - my mouse and my earphones. Even if I turn them off, it won't help. I need to turn off Bluetooth to keep my laptop sleeping.I've had the same set of devices connected to my previous laptop -- an old MacBook Pro 15" and I've never experienced such issue there.

:)

vertus, Apr 14, 2023
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Apr 14, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle - Support

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|ASUS Global

P4-630, Apr 14, 2023
  4. Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on

Issues with finding and turning on Bluetooth settings on Windows 10.

Hi Jepson,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Bluetooth settings in Windows 10.

This issue might occur if Bluetooth settings is not turned on from the devices settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "no Bluetooth setting on my laptop to turn Bluetooth on", where exactly have you checked for Bluetooth settings?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if you are able to find the Bluetooth settings.

How to find Bluetooth settings in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on Bluetooth settings
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 14, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on

1. Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on - Similar Threads - instanly wakes Bluetooth

2. Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on: I've a Windows 10 installed on my MacBook Pro 16". If I have Bluetooth turned on and I'm sending my laptop to "Sleep" no matter if I do it by closing the lid or pressing the buttion in the Start menu then the laptop wakes up again in a second.I have two devices connected via...
  3. Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 instanly wakes up if Bluetooth is turned on: I've a Windows 10 installed on my MacBook Pro 16". If I have Bluetooth turned on and I'm sending my laptop to "Sleep" no matter if I do it by closing the lid or pressing the buttion in the Start menu then the laptop wakes up again in a second.I have two devices connected via...
  4. Bluetooth Speaker Turns On Every Time I Wake Up Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker Turns On Every Time I Wake Up Machine: Hello!I have a Sony Bluetooth speaker paired with my computer. The issue is that I don't use it all the time and would rather have it not turn on by itself. I don't have the speaker selected as my audio output device when I close down the computer, so it's not the last used...
  5. Bluetooth Speaker Turns On Every Time I Wake Up Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Speaker Turns On Every Time I Wake Up Machine: Hello!I have a Sony Bluetooth speaker paired with my computer. The issue is that I don't use it all the time and would rather have it not turn on by itself. I don't have the speaker selected as my audio output device when I close down the computer, so it's not the last used...
  6. PC waking up and turning on by himself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC waking up and turning on by himself: Hi people, i am in desperate need of help because im about to smash my way into Windows building and hit someone because this problem is pissing me off for now 3 years (: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 on since May 2017. Since then, i upgraded the PC here-and-there with...
  7. windows 10 wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 wake up: My lenevo laptop shows white spining dot wheel running without ending after restarting.I done several steps to come to a point of Safe MODE or winRE . but still not support run to as before. First I had bluescreen error middle of work and off itself and worked . Then I tried...
  8. Bluetooth not available after waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not available after waking up: Sometimes when my PC's been asleep, the Bluetooth settings completely disappear from the entire laptop, even under search, as well as the recognized devices. The only temporary fix seems to be to reboot....
  9. Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly: A few days ago, I found out what settings need to be changed to allow a Bluetooth mouse to wake a computer. Having made those changes, I set Power Options to put the machine to sleep in one minute to test the new settings; machine went to sleep, clicking a mouse button woke...
  10. Turn off/ Wake up problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off/ Wake up problems: Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is...