Windows 10: Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed

Discus and support Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It would be most helpful for Microsoft to revisit this function that allows users the ability to live search as it would greatly improve productivity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkRexroat, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed

It would be most helpful for Microsoft to revisit this function that allows users the ability to live search as it would greatly improve productivity while using windows.

If this is not an option can you recommend a 3rd party application that would replace Microsoft file explorer?

Windows 10 changed the way Live Search works in December of 2019. Previously, you could search with File Explorer and see live results and click on a file as it appears. Live Search has been removed, so when you click on a file now, the image will open.

Sadly, there's no way around this, although we've heard a rumor that the old way of file searching might return.

Your only option is to click on the arrow key once you see the results you want.

Recently, someone pointed out to me that pressing the Enter key also works. I use the keyboard and mouse in combination for speed and efficiency and found pressing Enter when the results appear as the best solution for me.

While we prefer Live Search, deciding if you'd rather press the blue arrow or press the Enter key is currently the only option we have and one you might have to get used to.

Thank you for your time to this matter.

:)

MarkRexroat, May 16, 2020

2. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed.

How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results.

Verson: 1909

OS Build: 18363.535

NigelsNutInLaw, May 16, 2020
  3. windows 10 indexing and removing web results revisited

Hi,

Win 10 Pro version 1607

There alot of posts on these topics, and at least some are outdated. Hoping for some new insight that I couldn't find amongst all the older posts.

• Cortana web search suggestions interfere substantially in the usability of Windows 10 search functionality for me. How do I remove them entirely from the list of suggested results? There no longer seems to be a setting in Cortana to disable this.
    • Indexing has been "completed" on this new Windows 10 Pro machine. I have a 1TB data drive with 500GB of documents, images, videos, etc. The data drive is included in the indexed locations. Identically named files in one folder on the drive show up in
      search results, while those in another folder do not show up. Some word documents show up, others don't. Folder names also do not show up in the search results. The contents of this data drive were previously on a data drive in a Win7 machine, where the
      indexing and search results were instant, comprehensive, and accurate: the results list included any match or partial match of a file name, folder name, or (for certain file types) document content. How do I achieve a comparable level of performance in Windows
      10?
    Things I have tried:

• Running the troubleshooter as an administrator: no suggestions.
    • Rebuilding the index. I am unclear whether I "did this as an administrator". I did it while logged in as an administrator, but I cannot right click and run the Indexing Options "as an administrator".
    • I have verified that text document types (word docs, txt, etc.) have both properties and contents indexed.
    Thanks

Russell

RussellWyeth, May 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed

1. Windows 10 Instant Results Live Search Removed - Similar Threads - Instant Results Live

2. Windows 11: how to enable instant search results in File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11: how to enable instant search results in File Explorer: File Explorer's search functionality has not changed all that much in the past decade. Users type a search term in the interface and wait then until results are populated. [ATTACH] Microsoft has been testing an instant search results feature in File Explorer for some time....
  3. Instant Live Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Instant Live Help: Is Instant Live Help legit or a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instant-live-help/b2560e4f-365d-4378-a052-6351624da201
  4. Instant Live Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instant Live Help: Is Instant Live Help legit or a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instant-live-help/b2560e4f-365d-4378-a052-6351624da201
  5. Instant Live Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Mail uncontrollably removes web search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail uncontrollably removes web search results: When I try to select one of the mails that are listed as search results, the app doesn't display the content. Instead, it starts to remove all of the search results, one by one, 2 mails per second, from the list leaving nothing in there after that. That might be something...
  7. Windows 10 Instant Search Calculator

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Instant Search Calculator: Upgraded from 1803 to 1903 I think, and I did some tweaking around the settings so it would be optimized for the gaming experience, but I can't remember what I changed and disabled some of the functions which I wanted to use now but I can't as I don't remember what I changed....
  8. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  9. File Explorer Search no more instant results for files on Windows Server since Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search no more instant results for files on Windows Server since Windows 10...: With the latest Windows 10 fall update (version 1909 / 19H2), instant search results no longer work for files that are on our small business Windows server. To reproduce: navigate to a document folder on Windows server (we have 2012) in Windows Explorer. Write something in...
  10. Remove email from Search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove email from Search results: Anyone know how I can remove Thunderbird emails from Search results? Can't find a way to stop them from coming up. Many thanks 46162

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer live search

2. windows 10 update live instant search not working