Windows 10: Windows 10 integrated camera

Discus and support Windows 10 integrated camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, been looking at a friends laptop Lenovo not that it matters what it is. She has got Windows 10 x64 1909 Home edition inatalled on it ans the webcam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dgoodrid, May 30, 2020.

1. dgoodrid Win User

Windows 10 integrated camera

Hi, been looking at a friends laptop Lenovo not that it matters what it is. She has got Windows 10 x64 1909 Home edition inatalled on it ans the webcam has stopped working, external webcams dont work either, i jave removed all the drivers etc and wevem installed the latest patches/drivers/bios config from the lenovo tool and site. Nothing works, its shown in device manager but when you open any app/software to ise camera just get a blank screen. so i thought maybe hardware but i booted her machine up using my Wondows 10 1909 Windows2Go hdd, and it works perfectly, i have exported all the drivers from here and imported on her build. Nothing seems to work

any suggestions??

she has an interview for her uni course/job next week and needs this working asap

:)

dgoodrid, May 30, 2020

2. Integrated Camera does not display color

Hi KBrownUNF, thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you have issue with your integrated laptop camera in greyscale. Might I suggest that you check this link, it is having a different issue with yours but the procedure to fix is just the same. I suggest you follow the steps listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also if this is the first time that you are using the webcam, can you check maybe there is a sticker/plastic in front of the camera.

Let me know if this works and I'll be happy to help you to fix this.

JaysonEstimos, May 30, 2020
  3. Problem with Lenovo integrated camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to driver corruption issue. Kindly follow the below given steps to
    troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 integrated camera

integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 integrated camera

1. Windows 10 integrated camera - Similar Threads - integrated camera

2. Reinstall of Windows integrated camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall of Windows integrated camera: My integrated Windows camera on my Lenovo Thinkpad was not working and none of the troubleshooting helped. I was instructed to uninstall the app and then reinstall. However, after I uninstalled it I couldn't get it back. I need my camera for work. Any help would be...
  3. Reinstall of Windows integrated camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall of Windows integrated camera: My integrated Windows camera on my Lenovo Thinkpad was not working and none of the troubleshooting helped. I was instructed to uninstall the app and then reinstall. However, after I uninstalled it I couldn't get it back. I need my camera for work. Any help would be...
  4. How do I enable my integrated camera again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable my integrated camera again?: I have an ASUS Vivobook and I accidentally disabled integrated camera, but I cannot enable it again. It stopped working and I was trying to troubleshoot, but now I have no camera! Help!...
  5. How do I enable my integrated camera again?

How do I enable my integrated camera again?: I have an ASUS Vivobook and I accidentally disabled integrated camera, but I cannot enable it again. It stopped working and I was trying to troubleshoot, but now I have no camera! Help!...
  6. Integrated camera not working & renamed itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated camera not working & renamed itself: So basically I have been using my integrated camera that came with my Lenovo laptop it's a Legion Slim 7 and one day as i was trying to configure some camera settings very suddenly it just stopped working and when i tried to check what was up under my device manager the...
  7. Integrated camera not working & renamed itself

Integrated camera not working & renamed itself: So basically I have been using my integrated camera that came with my Lenovo laptop it's a Legion Slim 7 and one day as i was trying to configure some camera settings very suddenly it just stopped working and when i tried to check what was up under my device manager the...
  8. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  9. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  10. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware