Windows 10: Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB

Discus and support Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We recently switched our internet to Comcast with a 75MB download speed plan, and we are currently using their combined router/modem. My mom wants to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DirkDent, Jan 17, 2020.

1. DirkDent Win User

Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB

We recently switched our internet to Comcast with a 75MB download speed plan, and we are currently using their combined router/modem. My mom wants to have her desktop computer directly connected to the router, as this should give her the best possible connection. However speedtests are showing that she only gets about 9-10 MB on direct ethernet, slower than if she used a USB wifi adapter.

Going into the network adapter settings shows that the adapter is set to only 10 MB. When we try to switch it to 100 MB the computer loses its connection.

We've already tried to change the ethernet cable, which did not solve the problem.

I've searched the Microsoft forums to see if anyone else has encountered this issue, but no one has seemed to experience our particular case. I will check to make sure the drivers are up to date, but otherwise I'm not sure what to do.

Specs if they help:

Network Adapter - Intel 82579LM

CPU - Intel i7-3770 Quad Core

BIOS - HP K01 v02.86

Motherboard - HP3397

:)

DirkDent, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Enterprise Ethernet Connection Drops?

I just installed and plugged in a new Windows 10 Enterprise HP box into our network and it is intermittently dropping and reconnecting the Ethernet connection. It is not reliable.

Suggestions?

hector santos, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Intel 82579lm only 100Mb/s on Gigabit Network in win 10 64 bit.

I saw while looking up my issue that it is not only me having this problem from other posts.

I have a Dell Precision t1650 with this Intel network chip 82579LM windows driver is from 2015

JohnCrouch1, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (code 10) driver issue

I've recently installed Windows 10 fresh onto a p8z68-v gen 3, everything went well except when I tried to connect to my broadband with an ethanet cable nothing was happening, so I checked device manager and it seems Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
    drivers are getting code 10 any suggestions?

Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB a87f16a4-a0e3-4792-8b22-28c7e26bfc59?upload=true.png

CarefulCrysis, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB

1. Windows 10 Intel 82579LM dropping ethernet connection when switching from 10MB to 100MB - Similar Threads - Intel 82579LM dropping

2. Intel 82579lm unable to start code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 82579lm unable to start code 10: HelloI have a problem with my Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1. I upgraded my mobile connection card from 3G to 4G and after working fine for an hour, my network adapter stopped working. It says unable to start code 10. I have tried everything from drivers to fresh windows install...
  3. Intel 82579lm unable to start code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 82579lm unable to start code 10: HelloI have a problem with my Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1. I upgraded my mobile connection card from 3G to 4G and after working fine for an hour, my network adapter stopped working. It says unable to start code 10. I have tried everything from drivers to fresh windows install...
  4. Intel 82579lm unable to start code 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files

Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files: Every time I download a large file my Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 PC drops. Saying "default gateway not available" in the troubleshooter. This always gets fixed on a pc restart, but it is very inconvenient to restart every time I update a game or download something...
  6. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  7. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...
  8. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  9. Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops: I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every...
  10. Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue: Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help There is 2 computers and 2 virgin superhubs in the house i live in (not both mine) both ethernet connected. Occasionally i have to unplug my superhub and...