Windows 10: Windows 10 interactions with new tabs are blocked some time after startup.

Discus and support Windows 10 interactions with new tabs are blocked some time after startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a weird problem, it's even weird to explain I've tried all debugging I know, nothing has seemed to work. The problem is after windows has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScourgeYT, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ScourgeYT Win User

Windows 10 interactions with new tabs are blocked some time after startup.

I'm having a weird problem, it's even weird to explain I've tried all debugging I know, nothing has seemed to work. The problem is after windows has been running for around 20 minutes I encounter an issue, I'll be in a tab (it doesn't matter what the program is.. game, chrome, discord...ECT) and i'll be locked into that program I can only use that window all others will fail to interact. I if I try to click on the hotbar it will not respond, if I alt + tab it will open the new window and I can use my keyboard to control that new tab until I try clicking on that tab then it will stop I can't do anything I can't use it close it move it, nothing. If I alt + F4 my active window(locked in window) it only lets me use the hotbar I can click on hot bar icons and nothing else. I don't know what to do I have a lot of sensitive information on my computer that will take hours to collect and transfer so I would rather not restore windows if I don't have to, thanks.

:)

ScourgeYT, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 6, 2018
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 interactions with new tabs are blocked some time after startup. - Similar Threads - interactions tabs are

2. Family Safety is blocking New Tab

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety is blocking New Tab: My family uses MS Family Safety and it gets annoying that every time I open a new tab, Family Safety blocks it. This is annoying because it eliminates the search feature sometimes, and that really sucks when you need to get schoolwork done. Can someone fix this please?_Z3r0...
  3. Family Safety is blocking New Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety is blocking New Tab: My family uses MS Family Safety and it gets annoying that every time I open a new tab, Family Safety blocks it. This is annoying because it eliminates the search feature sometimes, and that really sucks when you need to get schoolwork done. Can someone fix this please?_Z3r0...
  4. Family Safety is blocking New Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My windows crach some times after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows crach some times after startup: My pc freeze after startup and after 1 minutes bsod shows and pc restart and pc freezes in bios icon and my pc doesn't show starting windows . I open crash analyzer in windows cd i receive this error > the driver probably at fault is ntoskml.wrong.symbols.exeMy have windows7...
  6. My windows crach some times after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows crach some times after startup: My pc freeze after startup and after 1 minutes bsod shows and pc restart and pc freezes in bios icon and my pc doesn't show starting windows . I open crash analyzer in windows cd i receive this error > the driver probably at fault is ntoskml.wrong.symbols.exeMy have windows7...
  7. Adware opens new chrome tab on windows 10 startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware opens new chrome tab on windows 10 startup: Everytime I opened my PC in the last few days, Chrome would start on its own, opening a new tab with ads. I tried to look on [Task Manager>startup], and the Windows startup folder for any links/shortcuts, but nothing. Chrome settings appear to be clean. I also did a safety...
  8. On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.: [ATTACH] On new tab - want to see a blank tab. After the recent cumulative updates my edge browser does not allow me to open to a simple blank page. I had to create a 'about:blank' specific page to open to. Specific page - about:blank And then I found when open a new...
  9. Windows 10 startup is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup is blocked: I reset my PC. I add my Password and my home screen comes up. However ,if try to do anything e.g.open an APP, the PC goes into restart. I think a hacker planted a message in my task manager to shut down and restart. I can't get to the task mgr....it goes to restart too quick....
  10. PC crashed on some days after startup several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashed on some days after startup several times: On some days the PC just works fine but on some days it just crashed after a few seconds or minutes after startup like 5 times and then it runs fine for the rest of the day. Sometimes a get a normal BSOD, sometimes a frozen BSOD or a BSOD that looks corrupted. And sometimes...