Windows 10: windows 10 intermittent network file sharing

Discus and support windows 10 intermittent network file sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 intermittent network file sharing , it used to work , and since the latest update to windows 10 , now is very intermittent , have multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonLittau, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RonLittau Win User

windows 10 intermittent network file sharing

windows 10 intermittent network file sharing , it used to work , and since the latest update to windows 10 , now is very intermittent , have multiple PCs , they all appear in network view , but intermittently can access files , other times just is not accessible , when is a fix coming

:)

RonLittau, Jan 4, 2019

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 4, 2019
  3. sml156 Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

windows 10 intermittent network file sharing [​IMG]

sml156, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 intermittently prompts for network credentials

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community..

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Window Key, and type Network and sharing

• Click on Change Advanced sharing settings

• Select all network

• Under Home Group connections

• Select Use user Account and Password to connect to other computer

• If don’t want the password follow the steps below

• Select all network

• Under password protected Sharing

• Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 intermittent network file sharing - Similar Threads - intermittent network file

2. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently: Running Windows 10 in business domain. It's an all or nothing situation. At times, any and all shares work. Other times unable to access any network share. Had this issue months ago and it went away for no identified reason. Recently occurring again. It seems after reboot...
  3. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently: Running Windows 10 in business domain. It's an all or nothing situation. At times, any and all shares work. Other times unable to access any network share. Had this issue months ago and it went away for no identified reason. Recently occurring again. It seems after reboot...
  4. Windows 10 loses all network shares intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  6. Windows Network File Sharing

Windows Network File Sharing: I have a Wired PC that uses an ethernet connection to the modem, while my laptop is using a wireless connection from the same modem. I am trying to use Window's network file sharing to sync the files from the PC to the laptop, but it says that the wired and wireless...
  7. File sharing on a Windows 10 network

File sharing on a Windows 10 network: I have no problem accessing my notebook files from my desktop. but can't access my desktop files from my notebook. Any files on my desktop for which I select Network sharing, appear on my notebook Network display, but when I click on them I get the message: : "Windows cannot...
  8. Windows 10 Network File Sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Network File Sharing: Is there any lightweight alternative for network file sharing? Current Windows 10 file sharing so unreliable and breaks so easily that i'm frankly sick of it. It seems every feature update it breaks in some way or another with some computers not being visible and/or...
  9. File sharing windows 10 network

File sharing windows 10 network: Hi all, I am running Win 10 home 64 bit on 2 PC's networked via Wi-Fi. I have a number of folders set to share on PC1. However, I can only see the shared folders if I type the network name in the search box. I used to be able to see them in File Explorer without...
  10. intermittent denied write to local network share

intermittent denied write to local network share: This problem has been ongoing for about 2-3 years, and is very frustrating. The problem manifests itself between two particular computer connected within my internal network. All other computers in that same network using the same share do not have that problem, as far as I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 workgroup read only intermittently