Windows 10: Windows 10 intermittently cannot make outbound connections

Discus and support Windows 10 intermittently cannot make outbound connections in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version: 1903 Windows 10 will intermittently fail to make outbound connections. I work in a small office and this has happened on multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AdjectivePants, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 intermittently cannot make outbound connections

Windows 10 version: 1903

Windows 10 will intermittently fail to make outbound connections. I work in a small office and this has happened on multiple Windows 10 PCs randomly throughout the day. Interestingly, it has not happened on any of the Macs in the office. I can still ping local IPs, such as the gateway and other devices that are on the network. Also, inbound connections seem to work fine; we have remoting software installed and my coworker can remote into my PC and control it without issue. I am unable to ping google.com, 8.8.8.8, or the local firewall. Randomly throughout the day, the issue will fix itself and reappear multiple times, sometimes lasting an hour, other times only a couple of minutes.

Things we have tried:

• Pinging local firewall
    • Disabling windows firewall
    • Rebooting to safe mode with networking
    • Flushing DNS
    • Rebooting local firewall

Any help is greatly appreciated and if any other information is needed, I will happily provide it.

:)

AdjectivePants, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 drops wireless connection intermittently on HP Envy desktop

Hi Christopher,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message during internet disconnection?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article
    “Fix network connection issues” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 intermittently cannot make outbound connections

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 intermittently cannot make outbound connections

1. Windows 10 intermittently cannot make outbound connections - Similar Threads - intermittently cannot outbound

2. Intermittent wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent wifi connection: Ever since windows 11 was downloaded on my laptop it has had intermittent wifi connection issues. It runs fine connected for several minutes but after a while it acts as though there is no wifi connection even though it shows that it has connection. The router isn’t the...
  3. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem...
  4. How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop InstallUtil.exe from trying to make outbound connection to suspicious site: I believe my laptop has been infected by malware.InstallUtil.exe keeps trying to connect to zerocool888.duckdns.org every minute. Luckily Malwarebytes keeps blocking it as it is being registered as a Trojan, but it does leave me worried, as none of my antivirus programs seem...
  5. How to see firewall log for outbound connections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see firewall log for outbound connections?: Is there a way to view firewall log for the last 24 hours for all processes that have started outbound connections? submitted by /u/evolution800 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7tq1r/how_to_see_firewall_log_for_outbound_connections/
  6. How to allow Windows Update as outbound connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to allow Windows Update as outbound connection?: What outbound rules are required to make Windows Update work? Also is blocking all outbound connections worth the hassle for increased security? I've been following a hardening guide however I think it's easy to make a mistake in the Firewall settings and I suspect that I...
  7. Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dropping intermittently Ethernet connection: I have two network point at the office that when we have upgrade the pc's from win7 to win10. It wont be able to reach the Domain. It either won't have internet connection or it will be dropping intermittently. Troubleshooting: 1 New patching and cabling 2 Drivers...
  8. Intermittent internet connection on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent internet connection on Windows 10.: Hello. I've been having issues with my PC, and recently it's been getting severe. I got my Alienware pc from a friend. I don't know much about it, but it's about 6 years old. It is using Windows 10. In the past, it would occasionally lose connection to the internet (not...
  9. Cannot connect to Bing.com, is anyone else having intermittent connection issues with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to Bing.com, is anyone else having intermittent connection issues with...: I think today's update KB4457128 has done something to my internet connection. I didn't even know that my computer was downloading an update, but when I tried to do a search with bing.com it came up with cannot connect. Then I tried twitter.com and that was down also. I then...
  10. Windows 10 SYSTEM account attempting outbound connections to fraud sites.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 SYSTEM account attempting outbound connections to fraud sites.: I'm very concerned by the amount of Windows system background processes and active processes that ALWAYS seem to be doing ALOT more than I am on the internet, this is a brand new computer, not even three weeks old and I'm getting warnings from malware bytes that the SYSTEM...