Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My dell Latitude laptop, which is a few months old, has 8Gb and an SSD, Core i5, running Windows 10 Pro more often than not fails to hibernate and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DJNidum, Mar 18, 2021.

1. DJNidum Win User

WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN

My dell Latitude laptop, which is a few months old, has 8Gb and an SSD, Core i5, running Windows 10 Pro more often than not fails to hibernate and just returns to the lock screen.

In addition to Windows I have installed Sophos antivirus, Office 2019, Teams, Adobe reader and Chrome. I did have a VPN on the system, but what has been removed and fault is still present. I am not running HyperV.

Every time this happens I see the following three events in the system log:

User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling SetSuspendState or SetSystemPowerState APIs.

The driver \Driver\ACPI for device stopped the power transition.

The system could not successfully load the crash dump driver.

I have looked at the details in the event viewer, but it does not help.

Any thoughts on what I could look at to narrow down what is causing the issue?

:)

DJNidum, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN

1. WINDOWS 10 INTERMITTENTLY FAILS TO HIBERNATE, INSTEAD LOCKS SCREEN - Similar Threads - INTERMITTENTLY FAILS HIBERNATE

2. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  3. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  4. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking: Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me...
  5. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking: Hi all!About an hour ago, I was using my laptop - an HP Envy with Windows 10 - without it being plugged in. I was using a 3D modelling program that sometimes uses up a bit of battery, and as I saw the battery get lower, the screen darkened a bit, but instead of prompting me...
  6. Windows 10: Hibernating vs. Locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Numbers are not display on Windows 10 lock screen instead of boxes are display on lock screen.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numbers are not display on Windows 10 lock screen instead of boxes are display on lock screen.: Please help to reslove this issue i want numbers on the lock screen.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-are-not-display-on-windows-10-lock-screen/331bea05-5266-4aec-b605-73af61042f7e
  8. Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping: I have checked the advanced power options, and everything says that closing the lid and pressing power sleeps the laptop. But it hibernates instead. It doesn’t allow you to sleep it in the Start menu options either. This started happening after my laptop’s battery died. (it...
  9. Hibernation fails in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation fails in Windows 10.: When I turn off the PC by hibernation, it seems off, but after a while, it goes up and running alone. What may be failing? My actual version is: 1909 (compilation 18363.535) x64. Thanks for your support. 148195
  10. Lock screen slideshow not working (intermittant!)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen slideshow not working (intermittant!): I have spent days on the net trying to find a solution to my problem. When I first setup the slideshow it worked fine. Then, out of the blue, it stopped working (due to an update I thought) But since then it comes and goes. It can work for a few hours but soon goes back to...