Windows 10: Windows 10 intermittently slow

Discus and support Windows 10 intermittently slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I was hoping I could get some help with this issue with Windows. My PC started running very slow after the April update. I uninstalled Avast,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayTFT, Jun 22, 2019.

1. JayTFT Win User

Windows 10 intermittently slow

Hi. I was hoping I could get some help with this issue with Windows.

My PC started running very slow after the April update. I uninstalled Avast, after reading that it clashed with the update, and installed Bitdefender instead. It was fine for a while, but now the PC sometimes runs very slow. Sometimes it's usable and sometimes it get stuck for a bit and slows to a crawl. Could this suggest there's something that's sometimes running in the background? Have there been any more problems with Windows updates recently? Thanks for an help you can give me.

:)

JayTFT, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 intermittently slow - Similar Threads - intermittently slow

2. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  3. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down: My windows 10 laptop often runs slowly for a few minutes and fast for a few minutes and it just repeats. I looked in task manager and saw that when it was slow the CPU utilisation was less than 15%. When it was fast it remained at around 30%-70%. It also made a lot of...
  4. Windows 10 Intermittent Slow Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps slowing down intermittently and can't determine why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps slowing down intermittently and can't determine why: I just reinstalled Windows 2 days ago because I couldn't get it to detect the sound device on mother board. This after a week of trying different driver install techniques. The sound device was crippled after numerous windows updates after not using this hard drive for a...
  6. Computer keeps slowing down intermittently and can't determine why

Computer keeps slowing down intermittently and can't determine why: I just reinstalled Windows 2 days ago because I couldn't get it to detect the sound device on mother board. This after a week of trying different driver install techniques. The sound device was crippled after numerous windows updates after not using this hard drive for a...
  7. Computer keeps slowing down intermittently and can't determine why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent: About a week ago my PC start up suddenly became very sluggish. I conducted the 'sfc scannow' check on the Windows files and some corruption was found and corrected, but it has made no difference. I tried booting from a USB with windows repair on it and that worked, but I want...
  9. Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent: About a week ago my PC start up suddenly became very sluggish. I conducted the 'sfc scannow' check on the Windows files and some corruption was found and corrected, but it has made no difference. I tried booting from a USB with windows repair on it and that worked, but I want...
  10. Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent