Windows 10: Windows 10 internal drive not accessible

Discus and support Windows 10 internal drive not accessible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated to Win. 10 from Win. 7. I have an admin. side and a standard user side. My working files are on a drive labeled f:. I do all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D.Hayford, May 21, 2019.

1. D.Hayford Win User

Windows 10 internal drive not accessible

I just updated to Win. 10 from Win. 7. I have an admin. side and a standard user side. My working files are on a drive labeled f:. I do all of my work on the standard user side.

When I updated to Win. 10, now drive f: is only accessible from the admin. side. I can actually access it from the standard user side if I click on a recent document. So I know everything's there. However if I open and change an existing document and want to save it, the save window doesn't show the f: drive anywhere. It won't even automatically save it back to it's original location.

I went into the admin side and shared the f: folder to the standard user side, and now it appears on my desktop inside a folder named 'libraries'. I can open that folder and see the folder tree of the f: drive with everything in it. However, other programs I'm working in don't see it when I go to save documents I'm working on. If I open my CAD program, it doesn't see any of my CAD folders, so I have to open a file by going to the client folder (in libraries) and then I can open the CAD document. But if I try to save changes, it can't find the folder.

How can I set things up so my f: drive is accessible through the standard user side? Help, I can't get any work done!!

Thanks!!

:)

D.Hayford, May 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 internal drive not accessible

windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 internal drive not accessible

1. Windows 10 internal drive not accessible - Similar Threads - internal drive accessible

2. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  3. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  4. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space

Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space: I have 2 internal hard drives that ive been using for years, one 1Tb hard drive and a 4tb hard drive. I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my 4 tb hard due to a mother board upgrade and had no other choice but to format both drives. After reinstalling windows my second hard...
  6. Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space: I have 2 internal hard drives that ive been using for years, one 1Tb hard drive and a 4tb hard drive. I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my 4 tb hard due to a mother board upgrade and had no other choice but to format both drives. After reinstalling windows my second hard...
  7. Internal hard drive recognized but not showing any accessible space

8. combining internal drives

combining internal drives: I have searched far and wide trying to find a way to utilize my secondary ssd i just installed. How can I make windows utilize the space just the same as it would with the c: drive without manually saving files to it. thanks...
  9. Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive: Hello and thank you for your time. I made a portable windows 10 USB drive but it does not seem to pick up the internal hard drive of the computer. Using Windows PE I can see the internal fine and the internal boots, but won't detect with the full version on the USB. I’ve...
  10. Windows 10 looses internent access after shutdown

Windows 10 looses internent access after shutdown: So I upgraded to the October update when it came out on October 2nd and since then when I shut down my computer for the night and then start it up for the day the next day I have no internet connection and so I will have to let my computer start up and then connect to the...