Windows 10: Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore, but external are just fine

Discus and support Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore, but external are just fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since just recently, my internal laptop screen is not detected anymore. I cannot find it in the list of available display (Windows 10 settings) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ssc33, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ssc33 Win User

Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore, but external are just fine

Since just recently, my internal laptop screen is not detected anymore. I cannot find it in the list of available display (Windows 10 settings) and it's still just black if I remove the USB-C or HDMI cable completely of the device. If I start the laptop, everything is just black until I plug in the external screen.

I've reinstalled the Display Driver, but nothing changed at all.

Any advice?

The device is an ASUS UX490UA-BE087T, Intel i7-8550U with Windows 10 Home.

:)

ssc33, Sep 9, 2018

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore, but external are just fine

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore, but external are just fine

1. Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore, but external are just fine - Similar Threads - Internal Laptop screen

2. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  3. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”: I’m trying to boot to USB, and from what I understand I need to go into my Bios to do that. However, I don’t have the function keys on my laptop so I need a different way to get into the Bios. I booted into using my command line and tried shutdown /r /o But I get the message...
  4. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”: I’m trying to boot to USB, and from what I understand I need to go into my Bios to do that. However, I don’t have the function keys on my laptop so I need a different way to get into the Bios. I booted into using my command line and tried shutdown /r /o But I get the message...
  5. “Shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    PIP is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]If you are a Python programmer, you know the importance of its libraries. One of the easiest ways to install those libraries is by using the PIP command. However, when some users tried doing the same, they encountered the following error message: ‘pip’ is not...
  7. WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]WMIC is a command-line tool that is used to perform WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) operations. The WMI allows scripting languages that let users manage their servers and personal computers running on the Windows operating systems. You can run WMI commands to...
  8. Telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Telnet (short for teletype network) is a protocol meant for internet or LAN communication. It is primarily used to control other computers easily. On Windows, it is available as a command line utility, and using it helps in opening a [...] This post Telnet...
  9. Windows 10 CD/DVD Drive not recognized; internal or external

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 CD/DVD Drive not recognized; internal or external: I know this is an old and seriously aggrivating problem but the comments are locked and I have not been able to resolve. I did the reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 thing and that did not...
  10. A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    A command is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH] I am sure you had tried launching programs like ‘CMD’, ‘DISM’ directly from the Run prompt. Ever wondered how they launched instantly? How is Windows OS able to find where its located? A simple example is when you create a [...] This post A command is not recognized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 not detecting internal laptop monitor

2. internal display not recognized

3. internal laptop not recognize

4. laptop internal screen not detected,
  5. windows 10 not recognizing laptop screen size,
  6. windows 10 internal laptop screen not recognized,
  7. laptop screen not dectected ,
  8. windows 10 not recognizing laptop screen,
  9. Windows 10: Internal Laptop screen not recognized anymore but external are just fine